Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After One Year Of Tesla Ownership I'm Sooo Disappointed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
that I can't get a Tesla T-Shirt. So, most apparel has been out of stock on the Tesla store forever...and now it looks like there is no more merch store. I paid big money for my car and can't believe I can't find Tesla licensed apparel(Mercedes and Lexus would never let this happen!). What is the best way to contact Elon to express my dissatisfaction and recommend a solution to my lack of a Tesla t-shirt?

Last edited:
that I can't get a Tesla T-Shirt. So, most apparel has been out of stock on the Tesla store forever...and now it looks like there is no more merch store. I paid big money for my car and can't believe I can't find Tesla licensed apparel(Mercedes and Lexus would never let this happen!). What is the best way to contact Elon to express my dissatisfaction and recommend a solution to my lack of a Tesla t-shirt?

A few minutes ago I checked and the "Shop" page said it was "Temporarily Down for Maintenance." I don't get that message now but assume that is what is going on. Any reason to believe that's not the case?

Edit: Aaannnddd, the Shop webpage is already back up, Tesla t-shirts and all. Tesla | Apparel

Fake news!:p

Reactions: Aieukl378

You can always just tweet directly to Elon.

I recently was at Fremont showroom at factory. The t-shirts and jackets were all available for purchase. Maybe call around few showrooms?

Time to bring out a few of the typical automatic responses: (this is all in good fun, not seeking to insult anyone whose say these things in other threads)

-Are you just saying this because you are short on tesla stock?

-Pictures or it didn't happen

-reset the two displays and that should fix it

-they are throttling your ability to purchase merchandise - lets get a class action lawsuit going, they have no right to do that

Time to bring out a few of the typical automatic responses: (this is all in good fun, not seeking to insult anyone whose say these things in other threads)

-they are throttling your ability to purchase merchandise - lets get a class action lawsuit going, they have no right to do that

1. No, but I am short in stature
2. Here you go: Tesla T-Shirt
3. I was hoping this would work but nothing...:mad:
4. I agree. I'll be using the law firm of Dewey, Cheatem & Howe

I also heard from the King of Prussia store that all apparel was redirected to web sales. However I do remember the Devon showroom had swag, so I went there and now it's all moved out.

I hope they restock the jackets soon on the website, as it is now fall and what better item to get as gift for the Holidays!

I believe it is widely communicated that Tesla is currently production constrained on T-shirts. There is currently no way to produce them faster than demand, as it is a pioneering process and no ready solutions are available.

Some ill-willed journalists have claimed that Tesla is making shirts manually by handcraft, but this is fake news. It is completely normal to do steps manually at ramp up with production tooling.

• Funny
Reactions: RubberToe
I also heard from the King of Prussia store that all apparel was redirected to web sales. However I do remember the Devon showroom had swag, so I went there and now it's all moved out.

I hope they restock the jackets soon on the website, as it is now fall and what better item to get as gift for the Holidays!
swag has been long absent is the galleries and delivery/service centers
in tesla's defense their focus is on building reliable cars and fixing the ones that aren't as reliable as they could be.
maybe tesla could find some authorized vendors to make official swag, like the sports teams do.

I was a bit sad on delivery day when they didn't hand out any souvenirs at Devon but also didn't have any merchandise to sell. Even the online store wasn't fully stocked on items. I was able to buy a tumbler but after running out of those, it looks like they re-stocked them later on.