Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sleek!...looks very nice Kofi...in the case of non red cars like mine (Arctic White with CF exterior), would the "body coloured part" in your quick edit pic be black, or CF weave (like the roll bar)?

Yep, this white Roadster owner would also vote for CF, rather than matching body paint.

I like the design, but maybe a little closer to the Model S tail light design?

Model S tail light.jpg

Thanks all for your kind words.

bonnie, we're starting a design closer to the Model S tail lights. I'll update as soon as it's finished.

We're scheduled for test fitting next Thursday the first set of carbon fiber tail lights. With correct fitment, we'll deliver the first 20 sets by the end of the March.

Last edited:
Yeah, I like it too! I would lean towards CF for that section in the housing as well, however I wonder if it would look too "add-on" in the contrasting CF? I think we need to see it. Curious to see other ideas around the Model S style like Bonnie brought up.

Nice design Kofi - I need to go delete my primitive idea above.

Hey I'm far from proficient with Photoshop, but attached is somewhat what I was thinking about....

I like where you were going with that, so below are two *mock-ups* extending your idea, and no I'm not a photoshop expert either !

It would involve a 10mm LED strip under the rear of the spoiler ( .. but I know from all the aero research I did on range extending my car last year that there is actually negative air pressure under the rearmost edge of the spoiler so blending in a LED strip wont have any effect :- )

Thoughts ?!?

Tesla Roadster MOCKUP LED rear light mods.jpg

I like where you were going with that, so below are two *mock-ups* extending your idea, and no I'm not a photoshop expert either !

It would involve a 10mm LED strip under the rear of the spoiler ( .. but I know from all the aero research I did on range extending my car last year that there is actually negative air pressure under the rearmost edge of the spoiler so blending in a LED strip wont have any effect :- )

Thoughts ?!?
I like it very modern looking.

Kofi, I wonder if TMC Roadster owners would be interested in an exposed CF charge port door. It should not be difficult to reproduce. Count me in for 2
Perhaps a Photoshop "expert" could post a mockup?
Sam, we can finish the charge port door in CF fairly easy. We wouldn't need a minimum order on these. Kindly PM me when you can.

- - - Updated - - -

Kofi this looks fantastic!! Do you think you'll have enough lighting power to be equivalent to legal? Then I could have them homologated in CH. Very interested in the outcome of the more model s esque ones you are working on.

PS still no invoice....?!
My apologies felixtb, I'll send it right now. PM sent!

We anticipate having enough lighting power for the redesign to be legal.

3-D scans are in.
image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Last edited:

Thoughts ?!?

Yeah, I like this also. In my drawing above I was trying to leave room for carbon fiber between the lights, but your does look cleaner. I assume carbon fiber in the small center sliver in each light? Where would you put the backup lights? Or is it possible to use the amber turn signals as clear backup lights when in reverse? Or the backup lights could be the middle slivers.

I'm noticing the 6 small red reflectors (or are they lights?) on the diffuser - I don't have those. I assume those are a non-US requirement? Looks like we may need to add those in order to get away from having a reflector in the middle of the lights like we do today.

Model eSque
tesla s tail light 2.jpg

True Sport
tesla 01.jpg

Credit to our new designer Alex Ramirez. He also finished the initial redesign.

Carbon Fiber Roadster Updates

- CF Charge Port Doors are available. Orders placed before 3/16 will be delivered by 3/26.
- We've finished 2 tail light redesigns. Kindly provide your questions and comments on the redesigns. We appreciate your feedback and want to make sure the Roadster is refined to your specs.
- Would you prefer CF Side Vents or CF Rear Spoiler next?
- What are your thoughts on CF body panels? A fully rebodied Roadster is in the 10-15 lb range.

CF Tail Lights: Test fitting prototype set scheduled for 3/19.
1) bonnie
2) NigelM
3) Habious
4) spaceballs
5) bart513
6) m0rph
7) AltPowr
8) djp
9) Seth Pascale
10) marco2228
11) mookhead
12) jbadger
13) asgard
14) Jaff
15) ibcs
16) 7racer
17) spiderguy (3x)
18) rudy sanchez
19) Private TMC buyer
20) Botbldr45
21) Roadrunner2013
22) felixtb
23) TMC Test-Fit

CF Charge Port Door: Delivery estimated for 3/26.
PM for pricing.
1) TMC Test-Fit
2) samcarney (2x)

CF Mirror Caps:
1) m0rph

CF Door Sills:
1) ecarfan
2) Seth Pascale
3) asgard
4) Nvbob
5) rudy sanchez
6) Curt

CF Rear Spoiler: Pricing available on 3/14.
1) bart513
2) samcarney
3) m0rph
4) djp
5) jbadger
6) spiderguy (2x)
7) rudy sanchez
8) Habious
9) Private TMC buyer

CF Exterior Side Vents: Pricing available on 3/14.
1) bart513
2) djp
3) Seth Pascale
4) marco2228
5) mookhead
6) rudy sanchez
7) Private TMC buyer
8) heychubs

CF Hood:
1) samcarney
2) m0rph
3) jbadger
4) asgard
5) rudy sanchez

CF Front Spoiler:
1) jbadger
2) rudy sanchez

- - - Updated - - -

Those new designs... WOW! How much would they cost when finished? Because I would really really really love that.
I'm glad you enjoy Chillout! We're still finalizing the design. Pricing will depend on which style goes into production. We'll make sure your vote counts.

Thanks for the designs, Kofi. But I have to say I still like PV4EV's design the best. The only thing I see is that we need to account for the key hole so that when lit at night both sides look like mirror images. Then the center section needs to be either CF, or backup lights, or something.

Alex's are obviously very professional, but I don't like the Model eSque ones. Everyone has their own personal preferences, so please take this only as my opinion. The Model eSque ones above on the grey car look like the small downward shapes were left in the design by accident - that should only be there for the Model S because of the long chrome trunk strip. It makes the lights on the Roadster look like sad eyes. Also, there is no key hole, which would throw off the lit-up design by not mirroring the other side.

The red "True Sport" Roadster lights are very nice, however I think they would be best in body color, now we would have the issue of exactly matching colors on cars that are many years old. If we use CF on the area, I think it would make them look like an add-on instead of designed as part of the car. I do like that the key hole was taken into consideration on the design.

Again, only my opinions, but we need to hear from others to come up with the most popular design.

Can you mix CF and clear plastic easily and be waterproof? Is a better design one where it's all clear or tinted plastic with various color LEDs under?

Not seeing a bunch of comments on the new style designs. If there isn't many interested, it would not be cost effective for Kofi to make any of them. So speak up now if you are interested.

A little more input, I think something similar to this is what I'm looking for, along the line of PV4EV's idea above:

2014_aston_martin_rapide_s_33_1024x768.jpg

It could be made so that inserts could be CF or color matching:

IMG_0004.jpg

db9_tail_light_05.jpg

VesuviusVantageCoupe011.jpg

And here are the sections that light up - brakes at top, turn signals bottom amber, then the other bottom section would be backup lights.

6.jpg