Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Aftermarket CF goodies for the Roadster - Feeler - Lets make it happen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Me, too. Vote for carbon fiber (no body color). I'm ready to order when you're ready to take the order. I'd like to set up an appointment to bring it to your SF Bay area location and have the lights installed. So please quote price including installation.

Thank you so much!
Thanks bonnie. Your install is on us! What price range is fair for the tail light redesign? This is considering an initial production run of 20 sets. Once we agree on retail pricing we'll have a better idea of what to quote for delivery time and installation.

Could everyone kindly let us know your price expectations?

Last edited:
Kofi,

Are you thinking in producing both variants of the taillight designs or just one of them? And in that case which one.....?

felix b.
Felix,

We'd like input on which style TMC prefers. This helps us focus our R&D when we know exactly what we're building. I'd also like to ask, how soon would you like to see the tail light redesign?

Producing a completely new tail light entails (pun maybe) a large scope of work. Depending on overall feedback and the number of committed orders, we may produce 1 or both styles. More than likely 1 style will be produced.

I'll go through this thread and my PMs to compile a list of everyone interested so far and which redesign they prefer.

To be clear - while I like the redesign (Model Esque version), I'd be more than happy with the current design in carbon fiber. My Roadster is going in for 'tender loving care' for most of May (after all the April Earth Day events) ... paint correction, new clear coat wrap, deep detailing ... and I'd love to have CF tail lights by then.

Kofi,

I hope Bonnie's coments are not mutually exclusive. I have already payed for my tail lights bezels and hope I will have them soon, ie long before summer.....! however, in the long run, modernizing the look of the roadster would not be a bad idea. what I like about the true sport design is that it makes a much more integrated design with the car a la aston martins lights. and the eSque design creates a very Big piece of glazed area on each side which will detract much more form the otherwise very clean rear end of the car. it is one of the few design areas I have always had problems with on the roadster. so for me of these two designs its defenatly true sport.

However, having said that, I think that to stay true to what the tail lights are today and updating this idea to something cleaner and more modern I thnk your designer could take a look at the tails of the new ford gt. here we have a very stong contemporary take on the old round idea. let him have a third go with this and the previous two in mind.....! what do you think? the third try is usually what counts, no....?!

Last edited:
Felix,

We'd like input on which style TMC prefers. This helps us focus our R&D when we know exactly what we're building. I'd also like to ask, how soon would you like to see the tail light redesign?

Producing a completely new tail light entails (pun maybe) a large scope of work. Depending on overall feedback and the number of committed orders, we may produce 1 or both styles. More than likely 1 style will be produced.

I'll go through this thread and my PMs to compile a list of everyone interested so far and which redesign they prefer.

maybe you can set up a poll?

Thanks all for the efforts, I would love to see the new designs evolve to something I can't resist :)

My input would be to make it simple and not too big/large. If the whole space of the original bezel is used for a new design, it's out of proportion..
I love what Lotus did with their 2015 prototypes, especially this Esprit design:

nextLotusEsprit2014.jpeg

And oh, I see my name in bold for the CF tail light, but I never commited to anything yet.. I was waiting for more parts to become available and will order then.

This morning's production: Modifying the 3D model for our production part in Rhino 3D. 5 axis milling is next! We're getting close and are trying to keep the Thursday deadline for test-fitting.

IMG_5913.JPG

IMG_5914.JPG

@m0rph, my apologies I'll correct your name on the updated list. I'll italicize the names that are interested in the full redesign.

UPDATE 3/18

We should be cutting the mold by the end of today. The steps we have left are included below. We're rescheduling the test fit to next week.

- Cutting the mold
- Sanding and prepping the mold
- Vacuum forming
- Finishing and polishing

If anyone in the Los Angeles area would like to checkout the quality of our carbon fiber, we have a finished gloss carbon fiber nose cone. The nose cone shows the same finish quality as the tail lights and charge port door. I've included a pic below.

IMG_5929.jpg

Last edited: