Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is 11.4.2 FSD? What Model and year is your Tesla?

My T2C has been stable for months now, ‘22 Model Y running 2023.12.5.4, no FSD.
Yes, 11.4.2 FSD. It’s a 2019 Model 3 dual motor long range (not performance). Acquired new in March 2019 with HW2 (was it 2.5?), and got the hardware 3 upgrade many moons ago.

I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong. Car and T2C show no updates available (car just updated 2 or 3 days ago). I turn on personal hotspot, then turn on T2C, wait 60 seconds, make sure Wi-Fi is not connected on phone and Bluetooth is connected to T2C and Ethernet item appears in iPhone settings to indicate the PAN bridge is active, then make sure car is on T2C’s Wi-Fi. Then I open the browser and connect to tespush.com.

This worked much of the time before the recent Tesla update and still seems to work except for black screen. But I often get DHCP connection errors on the Tesla when I try to connect, or the T2C reverts to SIM (which I don’t have) rather than Bluetooth. I know how to factory restore the T2C (192.168.3.1 to the T2C’s Wi-Fi if I have to reset Bluetooth mode to on and getting to T2C’s Home Screen by temporarily turning off CarPlay on the iPhone’s T2C Bluetooth setting) and set high resolution and fast response, but I have to do this often. It doesn’t stick. I have a USB switch so I can shut the T2C down when I’m leaving car and start it back up when I return so I don’t stay connected to the T2C walking around my house. (My garage is immediately underneath living space.) I’ve also rebooted Tesla by holding both steering wheel rollers down until restart. None of these things help for more than a few days.

Yes, 11.4.2 FSD. It’s a 2019 Model 3 dual motor long range (not performance). Acquired new in March 2019 with HW2 (was it 2.5?), and got the hardware 3 upgrade many moons ago.

I’d love to know what I’m doing wrong. Car and T2C show no updates available (car just updated 2 or 3 days ago). I turn on personal hotspot, then turn on T2C, wait 60 seconds, make sure Wi-Fi is not connected on phone and Bluetooth is connected to T2C and Ethernet item appears in iPhone settings to indicate the PAN bridge is active, then make sure car is on T2C’s Wi-Fi. Then I open the browser and connect to tespush.com.

This worked much of the time before the recent Tesla update and still seems to work except for black screen. But I often get DHCP connection errors on the Tesla when I try to connect, or the T2C reverts to SIM (which I don’t have) rather than Bluetooth. I know how to factory restore the T2C (192.168.3.1 to the T2C’s Wi-Fi if I have to reset Bluetooth mode to on and getting to T2C’s Home Screen by temporarily turning off CarPlay on the iPhone’s T2C Bluetooth setting) and set high resolution and fast response, but I have to do this often. It doesn’t stick. I have a USB switch so I can shut the T2C down when I’m leaving car and start it back up when I return so I don’t stay connected to the T2C walking around my house. (My garage is immediately underneath living space.) I’ve also rebooted Tesla by holding both steering wheel rollers down until restart. None of these things help for more than a few days.
Just saw the following here from the manufacturer. I’m going to wait until they issue an update through normal channels.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/carlinkitservices/

⚠️We found out there is an issue occur in Tesla.
If you updated the system, it will turn to blank screen when connecting to CarPlay/Android Auto. And there is no solution yet.
We suggest that please do not upgrade the Tesla system. And the blank screen issue which caused by updating mostly happens in North America.

If you have already updated the Tesla system and had the blank screen issue, please send message to our Whatsapp (+86 13725006100), provide the UUID of your T2C adapter, and we will push a test firmware to try to solve this problem.

I just thought about this.. someone mentioned that older Teslas, not sure which year have weaker WiFi antennas which cause connection problems with the T2C and others. Maybe someone here can comment more.

Btw the Ownice reseller suggests clearing the browser data and then resetting the Ownice. Give it a try if you’re still having a black screen?

Today's Ownice updated did not work for me - I still have the black screen. I have FSDb 11.4.2 - Tesla Software Version 2023.7.10. After the Ownice firmware update I did a reset on the iPhone connections and Ownice, cleared Tesla browser, and rebooted Tesla. No go. So I will have to wait for the next Ownice update. T2C still does not have a new update version to test.

Last edited:
Thanks
Enabled and disabled this - still getting the black screen unfortunately

Ran through everything again - same result. It is definitely “connected” , just the image is black but you can still hit the screen and it will perform actions like skip a song or pause
It’s not just you. This is occurred to me as well. I have a 2022 model Y performance.T2C who’s working OK and I did the update night came out this April 2023 update on the T2C. Worked fine and the image was much better. A few days later the Tesla software update came out. I am on 2023.7.10. And ever since when I connect the browser screen is black it’s been driving me crazy and I have gone through two more new T2C devices, thinking it was the device and having the same issue. Please let me know if you find a solution. I have done all the same steps as well rebooting my phone rebooting the car, rebooting the devices factory, resetting the devices removing the Bluetooth connection regarding it, removing the Wi-Fi connection regarding it no success so far I’ve tried to reach out to these vendors that sell it, but no one has responded back with anything except for instructions on how to set it up originally..

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
Hey all, for those with the T2C, how do I get phone call audio to come through the Tesla speakers while using CarPlay? I thought I had this working at one point but it doesn’t now. Thanks
It should work as long as you have the phone on Bluetooth and are using Bluetooth as your source. Also make sure your phone Is set to the priority device on the Tesla Bluetooth settings.

It should work as long as you have the phone on Bluetooth and are using Bluetooth as your source. Also make sure your phone Is set to the priority device on the Tesla Bluetooth settings.
Thanks. I resolved this after finding this solution via a Google search. I went to settings>screen time>content & privacy restrictions, tapped allowed apps, and enabled Carplay.

Just saw the following here from the manufacturer. I’m going to wait until they issue an update through normal channels.

If you updated the system, it will turn to blank screen when connecting to CarPlay/Android Auto. And there is no solution yet.
We suggest that please do not upgrade the Tesla system. And the blank screen issue which caused by updating mostly happens in North America.

If you have already updated the Tesla system and had the blank screen issue, please send message to our Whatsapp (+86 13725006100), provide the UUID of your T2C adapter, and we will push a test firmware to try to solve this problem.
Thanks for this.

If you have already updated the Tesla system and had the blank screen issue, please send message to our Whatsapp (+86 13725006100), provide the UUID of your T2C adapter, and we will push a test firmware to try to solve this problem

Update —- I texted the number via WhatsApp tonight, and someone replied, and updated the firmware after I supplied the uuid. Then I updated from my phone. It seems to have worked will try tomorrow in the AM. I am on EST.

interesting, you enabled screen time restrictions on yourself. Yup that could interfere with A lot of things. Don’t forget to allow phone calls, messages etc.
This was a strange one. I don’t conduct phone calls often from the car but I know this was working via Tesla and CarPlay and don’t recall ever touching this setting. Anyway it’s working now.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
Hi guys

I just received my Ownice T3 today, managed to set it up and everything was working fine.
However after I update it to the latest version 2.8.8 it looks like it doesn't broadcast it's Wifi Network anymore and I can't connect to it.
Is there a way to reset the device to factory settings?

Thanks

Hi guys

I just received my Ownice T3 today, managed to set it up and everything was working fine.
However after I update it to the latest version 2.8.8 it looks like it doesn't broadcast it's Wifi Network anymore and I can't connect to it.
Is there a way to reset the device to factory settings?

Thanks
1685987774601.png

Try the above.

I did follow the steps above. The problem is the SSID of the Owince box is not broadcast anymore...

Had the same thing happen to me. Pretty sure the above fixed it (took a few times). I think I also had to forget all Wifi SSID's that the Tesla was seeing as well (e.g., had it hooked up to my home one).

When you connect to bluetooth with your phone, can you see the 3.3.3.3 webUI?

If so, try the URL (autolink or whatever it is) on your phone, not sure if it comes up there as well? The webUI is the only place I can think of that has a reset to factory "button".