Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a T2C and used it for the first time yesterday. It’s horrible. I use my iPhone hotspot.

Constant disconnects, which does auto connect. It’s laggy. When in Waze, there is a huge delay compared to where my current position is. Screen going unresponsive to registering what I tapped on up to a minute later. Has anyone experience this?

I’m thinking of getting the Ownice to test.
I’ve experienced some lag on the Ownice as well with Waze. Try turning off Auto zoom in the Waze Map Settings. Mine works perfectly since I turned that off.

I’ve experienced some lag on the Ownice as well with Waze. Try turning off Auto zoom in the Waze Map Settings. Mine works perfectly since I turned that off.

You mentioned that you are automating the hotspot connection to the Ownice when you have a CarPlay connection established. How are you doing that? Are you using an App or native iOS functionality? In any case I would appreciate the details. Thank you.

The last T2C firmware update version 4.6 from April had a comment about using an additional WiFi 2.4GHz connection and it mentioned using option 6 on the WiFi settings? I do not see such option directly connecting to T2C on the 192.168.3.1 address or on the Web page using the Tesla web browser? Did any one tried this new setting? I am not sure if I understood the comment on this firmware update notes.

On Carlink T2C, after the initial enablement of the hotspot on my iPhone 14, it seemed to do it all automatically.

I also have a Ownice on order too. I ordered it a the same time I ordered my first T2C in case it didn't work out. Anyone see any real advantage (other than possibly higher resolution) of the Ownice vs the T2C at least regarding the A3 model?

I never saw it connect unless I opened hotspot each time so that’s why I made the automation.

Would be great if you could start a new thread on the Ownice and put in your setup steps/hints/automation. Getting mine in a couple weeks and looking forward to it.

Wondering if I can get rid of the premium connectivity with it and just use the phone's hotspot.

Curious, my wife also occasionally drives my Tesla and I'm sure my son will as well. If two or three people are in the car at the same time, how does the Ownice know which phone to connect to?