Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Tesla CarPlay and Android Auto Devices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone running Android auto with the ownice device ? everything seems to be running fine except phone calls audio not routing correctly through the car. (can't hear nor be heard)

Only issue i've had was when i answered via the AA screen. But if i answer via the tesla side below the FSD screen on the left, then it works as usual through tesla bluetooth audio.

Reactions: madmack
I have had the ownice device for a year now and it's in a cupboard because the lag is so bad (up to a minute behind!). Does anyone with a Model 3 Intel Atom NOT have this problem (which would mean either my car or the device is the issue). Also, what's the latest software version. Mine is on 2.8.14. Thanks :)

Looks like Hansshow did come up with a new dashboard touch screen: Hansshow F68.
From what I've seen on youtube it ticks all the boxes for me!
Might order one. Any one here use it yet?

Looks like Hansshow did come up with a new dashboard touch screen: Hansshow F68.
From what I've seen on youtube it ticks all the boxes for me!
Might order one. Any one here use it yet?

Hate that these things block so much of the airflow from the vents, which I still think was a dumb design for Tesla though I guess they didn't assume anything would ever be put there to begin with.

I recently installed this unit.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to get audio to come out of my car speakers instead of the speakers on the unit. I disabled media via the toggle in the bluetooth settings for the unit, but audio still comes out of the unit. Theres a drop down on android that lets you select which device you want your audio output. I tried both the car speakers and my phone speakers, no matter which I choose the audio still comes out of the unit. The weird thing is, the unit itself isnt even included on that drop down list. Some how the units speakers still takes priority over any other output.
Edit, this is for AA using a pixel 7.

The only missing feature is Sentry Live View when you are using Tesla Android, T2C and Ownice with Hotspot on.
Sentry live view works if you use tesla android as long as you give the tesla android internet access. This is why tesla android has a lte usb cellular modem. I use google fi for my iphone. Google fi will give you a data only sim to use in the usb modem for free which utilizes your phone line‘s tethered data allowance (50GB monthly before being throttled). So no need to pay for an extra cellular plan.

don’t want to use a lte modem? Just turn off tesla android when leaving car. The vehicle will switch back to using vehicle’s cellular modem.

I have had the ownice device for a year now and it's in a cupboard because the lag is so bad (up to a minute behind!). Does anyone with a Model 3 Intel Atom NOT have this problem (which would mean either my car or the device is the issue). Also, what's the latest software version. Mine is on 2.8.14. Thanks :)
If you have an older model 3 such as 2018,2019 maybe 2020 then your car has a weak WiFi antenna . The only CarPlay/Android auto device that will work well for you is Tesla android cm4 bundle sold on the Tesla android website. That unit has large external WiFi antenna and cellular antennas. Tested it in my pals 2019 model 3 two weeks ago and it was smooth as butter. Previously He tried my older raspberry pi based solution which was like T2C, WiFi chip/antenna in an enclosed box and performance was just like you described although fine in my 2022 Intel model y.

So the build/firmware report slightly differently from iPhone browser (192.168.3.1) versus Tesla browser (tespush.com) but they both include “23 12 09” and I installed this Dec 9th or 10th and it has stopped blocking due to the privacy warning.

So I think your “23 07 13” might be out of date? Not sure why the iPhone isn’t offering you the update though.

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg