Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello guys, first time posting in the forum. Very happy to be part of the community!

I am awaiting delivery of a red M3 Performance MIC and I am contemplating on downsizing the wheels to 18". There are two reasons: potholes and unsprung weight. The roads in my area are in a horrible state, and I want to maximize sidewall. Also, less weight = bigger smile.

I am a total newbie when it comes to wheels, but after some research on the internet, I am considering Japan Racing wheels JR SL-01 18" 8.5J ET35 in matte black fitted with the "JR WS1 Spacers 3,5mm 5x114,3 69,7 for Tesla Model 3" and paired with 245/45R18 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

The wheels weigh 8.5 kg (18.7lbs), they cost about 1100€ (1200$) in Greece and should be easily sourced.

Has anyone tried them on a recent M3 Performance?

I have found a shop in France that explicitly says "The 18" rims are compatible with Tesla Model 3 Performance" followed by a photo of the wheels fitted. However only the 19" 8.5J is officially certified by TUV for use with M3. I can post a link if I am not breaking any rules.

What are your thoughts? Will they fit and function properly? Any alternatives is similar specs/price for European owners?

1D74CDF6-21DB-4F6F-B27A-7F11DB3E8AFB.jpeg

Konig Ampliforms on 19x8.5 and Crossclimate2's for the 22 M3P....Man the ride is night and day. I literally looked through 280+ pages on here to figure out what wheels to get. Now I need to either find black lugs or just put caps on them.
View attachment 885537
Can anyone give me some advice on what lug nuts to get for my rims? I got some Bonoss (BONOSS Forged 7075-T6 Aluminum M14x1.5 Wheel Lug Nuts for Tesla Model 3 / Performance / SR / SR+ / MR / LR 2018+ - BONOSS) and apparently these will not fit. Looking for black ones.

Thanks,

Advan GT Premium 19x10.0 / Offset +35 / 5x114.3
Michelin PILOT SPORT 4S 275/35ZR19
Lowered 20mm
Front Camber 1.6deg
No wheel spacers
No rubbing anywhere

View attachment 917980
View attachment 917981
I'll probably get flamed for this, but IMO those look better than the six-spoke TE37s that seem to be popping up everywhere.

The spoke count and lug count match.