Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The FF10 seems like a really nice wheel for the money!

I don’t think you’ll have any issues with the 285 on a +45 offset. I am running about 2.4-2.5 degrees of rear camber, and at +35 (with performance brakes, so about +39 relative to yours) I have a solid 15mm of inboard clearance.

Additionally, the 2024 M3P also uses 20x10+45 rears, and I am certain they’d have built in more than 5mm of slop in any direction. Therefore, even going +5mm on either side of the tire, and +\-4mm on the offset, I suspect you’ll be just fine with the 285.

The 245/285 combo should give a bit more meat to protect the 20s and improve comfort a bit as well.
Thank you appreciate the help! The issue I'm having now is that americas tire and other big corps are saying my load rating on the 245 35 is too low (needs to be a minimum of a 99 load rating) the tire I selected has a 95 load rating in the front and the rears have a load rating of 99 which is fine. Now they're refusing to install.

What are my options at this point? They stated to do 245 40 in front and 285 35 rear but I'm thinking that might be too tall?

To those that have installed 20 inch wheels and tires, are you guys going to local shops and having them put it on? I couldn't find any tire for 245 35 fronts with a 99 load rating on tire rack..

I'd like to get some options..thanks

Thank you appreciate the help! The issue I'm having now is that americas tire and other big corps are saying my load rating on the 245 35 is too low (needs to be a minimum of a 99 load rating) the tire I selected has a 95 load rating in the front and the rears have a load rating of 99 which is fine. Now they're refusing to install.

What are my options at this point? They stated to do 245 40 in front and 285 35 rear but I'm thinking that might be too tall?

To those that have installed 20 inch wheels and tires, are you guys going to local shops and having them put it on? I couldn't find any tire for 245 35 fronts with a 99 load rating on tire rack..

Never would have expected the 245 wouldn’t carry the load rating needed.

You should be able to get away with a 255/35 (27”) and 285/30 (26.7”).

But 245/40R20 (27.7”) absolutely will not fit up front under the knuckle.

Never would have expected the 245 wouldn’t carry the load rating needed.

You should be able to get away with a 255/35 (27”) and 285/30 (26.7”).

But 245/40R20 (27.7”) absolutely will not fit up front under the knuckle.
I ended up booking an appointment at a local tire shop, guys there seemed way more knowledgeable about tires them americas tire. Thanks for your help.

LOL. I see this everytime, and COSTCO is the worst of them all. Tesla themselves shipped M3 AWD in 2022 with 94 load rated Hankook Kinergy GT tires.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Just saw this… fake nuts???

IMG_0357.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Clun9
^ Yeah solution is to go to a different tire shop. My local Tesla group seems to love Discount Tire / America's Tire, but I've seen them mount tires with "outside" in and mix up the newer Bluetooth TPMS with the older 433mhz TPMS multiple times.

Just saw this… fake nuts???
LOL. Meanwhile the truck guys like as many fake fasteners as possible. All while using a cover on top of the actual lug nuts to hide them.
1718149770071.png

Fake covers over unfinished open-ended lug nuts I imagine is a cheaper solution than trying to provide lug nuts that cover the rusty studs and have a finish that lasts. Shrug.

Also, yeah unfortunately for anything but OEM fitments I would just buy all my own stuff and take it to them / ship it to them / have them mount and balance at my house).

I am a former Discount Tire Co store manager (Left the company over 8 years ago). When I was with the company I was the point of contact for our region for aftermarket fitments and performance tires. 99% of the guys up front writing up invoices know very little about cars and are simply trained to sell regular passenger car tires. Corporate will guide employees to do things to essentially avoid any form of a lawsuit or potential safety risk. They do not understand how to do alternative fitments beyond what the computer screen shows them for your vehicle.

The best way to handle going to the big box tires stores is bringing in the wheels and tires off the vehicle to have them perform service. Especially if you are doing anything beyond oem fitments.

I am a former Discount Tire Co store manager (Left the company over 8 years ago). When I was with the company I was the point of contact for our region for aftermarket fitments and performance tires. 99% of the guys up front writing up invoices know very little about cars and are simply trained to sell regular passenger car tires. Corporate will guide employees to do things to essentially avoid any form of a lawsuit or potential safety risk. They do not understand how to do alternative fitments beyond what the computer screen shows them for your vehicle.

The best way to handle going to the big box tires stores is bringing in the wheels and tires off the vehicle to have them perform service. Especially if you are doing anything beyond oem fitments.
This…

IMG_3718.jpeg

Check out the photo of these custom order [AW01] rims in Gloss Black for a Tesla Model 3.

You can personalize your designs according to your preferences, and we also have a variety of models and colors in stock.

AW0119_Model3_GlossBlack_1_site_stamp.jpg

For those who seek another design, color, or specifications, we offer the option to place a custom order.

Discover our custom-made Fully Forged Wheels, a world-class product that offers exceptional quality without breaking the bank. The door-to-door price for the set of 20” is $2,220.

Last edited:
Agreed, let's hope I don't regret not attempting the 265/35/19's on all four corners.
I'm curious why you wouldn't? The '23 comes with 9" wheels as is that fit 265 nicely. You should easily even get a 9.5 to fit. The specifications people are looking at are actually the European winter ones. The US spec cars have 10" rears and run forged wheels with 275 in the rear. 265 square is at least a balance, but 235/265 is a compromise