Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
new englanders.. just got my inexpensive avid av27 hyper ;blackfor winters.. You know your going to beat them up..

5x114,3 18x8.5 et 35 weight 22 lbs.

1 extra ounce or so for aluminum hub centering rings 74,1 ti 54,1

it looks sweet.. I will post pictures when mounted up
metalic blue car.

opinions

Attachments

• 20181029_143924.jpg
    20181029_143924.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 335
For folks that have replaced their wheels, how did you get your TPMS to work? I got a set from eBay which is supposed to be pre-programmed for the 3, i got my wheels mounted this morning and after driving for about 30 miles, car is throwing error message "Tire pressure system needs service, contact Tesla service". I thought it was be plug and play.

I got mine pre-programmed off ebay also. Mine took two days before it would recognize the sensors. I never got an error message though, just no reading. But yeah, I didn't have to do anything. Just drive around and it eventually prompted me for the tire size.

Nice, I saw you again yesterday on 212 in the evening. Your car looks great, I'm hoping to replace my 335i with something very similar in the next year or two. Pearl white, lowered, chrome delete, dark wheels... perfect. What shop did the work on your car? I work up by Imola and I know they have a good reputation for aftermarket installs, at least among the BMW guys.

For those without the deep pockets for forged wheels, having the P3DM with the 20 inch performance upgrade package, and where you might want to save some additional money by keeping the stock Michelin 4S 235/35-20, while still dropping 8.5 lbs per corner, I can recommend the Advanti 20X9 - $333 at Tire Rack, and only 23 lbs a wheel. They really do ride better particularly over the rough stuff, and they can be mounted despite that rotor hat lip, if you trim just ~2mm off the depth of the hubcentric rings. They then are still very snug on the hub, but the rings (if properly shaved) don't obstruct a flush mount on the rotor hat surface. They are also a half inch wider than stock.
_DSC7214_DxO.jpg
_DSC7212_DxO-1.jpg
resized DSC7203 (2).jpg

For those without the deep pockets for forged wheels, having the P3DM with the 20 inch performance upgrade package, and where you might want to save some additional money by keeping the stock Michelin 4S 235/35-20, while still dropping 8.5 lbs per corner, I can recommend the Advanti 20X9 - $333 at Tire Rack, and only 23 lbs a wheel. They really do ride better particularly over the rough stuff, and they can be mounted despite that rotor hat lip, if you trim just ~2mm off the depth of the hubcentric rings. They then are still very snug on the hub, but the rings (if properly shaved) don't obstruct a flush mount on the rotor hat surface. They are also a half inch wider than stock.View attachment 348360 View attachment 348362 View attachment 348363

Did you notice changes to your range or energy consumption?

View attachment 345891 View attachment 345892 View attachment 345893 View attachment 345894 View attachment 345895 View attachment 345896 Finally got around to taking some pics. I’m lowered on Tsportline springs (about 0.75” drop for me) with duplicolor blue calipers. Thanks to Josh from getyourwheels. Enjoy!

20” Forgestar F14 in Kingsport Gray
Rear: 20 x 10.5 +43 (deep concave)
Front: 20 x 9.0 +32 (semi concave)
Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 285/30; 245/30

View attachment 345895 View attachment 345892 View attachment 345896 View attachment 345893 View attachment 345891
View attachment 345900

That looks PERFECT! Mind me asking where you bought everything and what it cost you? Did you notice a difference in ride quality with the lowering or in range with the larger wheels?

That looks PERFECT! Mind me asking where you bought everything and what it cost you? Did you notice a difference in ride quality with the lowering or in range with the larger wheels?

Bought them through Josh at GetYourWheels. He's all over this thread. I won't post pricing publicly, but if you PM me, I can fill you in a little more.

As far ride quality, it's hard to tell what's attributable to the springs and what's attributable to the wheels because I did them both at the same time. Since most people have said the springs don't affect ride quality much, I'll assume that changes in ride quality are due to the wheels. It's definitely stiffer with a lot less sidewall, but they're way more sticky. Cornering feels solid. It was at first louder, but now that I have about 500 miles on the tires, it's definitely quieted down.

Someone asked about the weight. They're heavy compared to even the OEM 19's. Partly due to the larger wheel and partly to the larger tire. Wheels and tires: they are 6 lbs heavier each wheel in the rear and 3 lbs heavier in the front for each wheel. I weighed them at 56.8 lbs for the rear (20 x 10.5 with 285/30/20) and 52 lb for the front (20 x 9 with 245/35/20). Overall, I've taken an efficiency and acceleration hit of about 11%. All in the name of vanity!

Not that I can tell - but my driving is mostly around town - what I've done in terms of highway miles though seems about the same - and the 20s will cost you a little bit in range compared to the aeros. It does seem however maybe just a tick quicker on launch. Less weight to spool up

how much clearance do you have to the caliper? I am looking at the 19 inch version and it seems to have lesser clearance.

Bought them through Josh at GetYourWheels. He's all over this thread. I won't post pricing publicly, but if you PM me, I can fill you in a little more.

As far ride quality, it's hard to tell what's attributable to the springs and what's attributable to the wheels because I did them both at the same time. Since most people have said the springs don't affect ride quality much, I'll assume that changes in ride quality are due to the wheels. It's definitely stiffer with a lot less sidewall, but they're way more sticky. Cornering feels solid. It was at first louder, but now that I have about 500 miles on the tires, it's definitely quieted down.

Someone asked about the weight. They're heavy compared to even the OEM 19's. Partly due to the larger wheel and partly to the larger tire. Wheels and tires: they are 6 lbs heavier each wheel in the rear and 3 lbs heavier in the front for each wheel. I weighed them at 56.8 lbs for the rear (20 x 10.5 with 285/30/20) and 52 lb for the front (20 x 9 with 245/35/20). Overall, I've taken an efficiency and acceleration hit of about 11%. All in the name of vanity!

Great info, thank you!

As Nando would say, "but dey rook fabulous. And I don't say dat to everybody. Nearly everybody, but not everybody."

Less comically, I am surprised at the increase in unsprung weight. I would have figured that forged wheels would cut 7-10 lbs off the stock wheels (which are coming in at a less than svelte 31.5 lbs at 20x8.5 in the P3DM setup) at the 20x9 size, while maybe only 3-5 lbs on the back 20x10.5 (but with the tires weighing 2 lbs more in front and at least 4 lbs more in the back).

I'd love to experience the stick in the corners with that setup! It must suck your eyeballs out!! Even with the stock 235/35-20 on aftermarket 20x9, it's impressive. I'm tempted to sacrifice some range to upgrade to 245/35-20's Michelin 4s, but those are not Telsa recommended. Shame.

Whoops, almost forgot to post my wheel selection in my old thread :D

Here are my V710FF from VMR wheels in 19x9.5 with a +33 offset. These are flow formed and paired with a set of 265/35/R19 Potenza RE-71Rs in a square set-up (since it's for performance and the car is already incredibly balanced + AWD)

I'm super happy with these and i was able to get them directly from VMR with the proper counterbore to fit the Performance 3 brakes!

TeslaPhoto1Touched.jpg

TeslaPhoto3.jpg

Whoops, almost forgot to post my wheel selection in my old thread :D

Here are my V710FF from VMR wheels in 19x9.5 with a +33 offset. These are flow formed and paired with a set of 265/35/R19 Potenza RE-71Rs in a square set-up (since it's for performance and the car is already incredibly balanced + AWD)

I'm super happy with these and i was able to get them directly from VMR with the proper counterbore to fit the Performance 3 brakes!

View attachment 348530
View attachment 348531

Looks sweet! Please report energy usage before and after.

Looks sweet! Please report energy usage before and after.

It's tough to say because my energy usage is normally pretty high from driving style haha but comparing my "best" efficiency for similar drives (to work) before and after, i would say my best went from 270 to 280 wh/mile so far. I was expecting it to be much worse and now i'm thinking about leaving these on my car all the time, though they definitely have road noise and would probably wear out in less than a year :p

Reactions: Jedi2155