Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
F2233919-F018-47C0-9340-D57226A17E97.jpeg
Rohana RFX5 19x8.5 +35 on 245/40/19s

View media item 120083View media item 120084

GramLights 57CR ( Made in Japan but fits M14 studs so no modification needed) 18x8.5 +37 235/45/18 Contis front, 18x9.5 +38 265/40/18 Contis rear, ttock springs . I wanted to keep the stock tire diameter but wider in the rear..so the closest to 235/45 is the 265/40.

The pictures don't work. I was actually looking into those wheels yesterday night :eek:

Have to give props to Jason at getyourwheels.com (has posts in this thread too) as did a lot of chatting with him and three rounds later found what I really wanted based on all the info in this long thread and Jason knowing which combos to further point me too also. He was also able to get me tires wanted that were not on the website with no hassles.

Have never put so much thought into a new set of wheels. My goal was to find a reasonably priced setup, flush fit (more on that below), lightweight setup that hopefully wont kill too much efficiency, something that looks much better but not take away to much of the plush ride, and that will get mileage out off with some added traction. Was very determined to find something more "off the shelf" but in looking at the widths, offsets, etc. determined best to have just a little patience to order exactly what I wanted rather than settle. Ended up with Stance SF01 wheels on Kuhmo PA51 tires:
IMG_1331.jpg

Details:
Stance SF01 Gloss Black Tinted Face
Kuhmo PA51 45k mile High Performance All-Season
Front 19x8.5 +30 rotary forged on 245/40-19
Rear 19x9.5 +35 rotary forged on 275/35-19

Weight (cheapo scale so for differences only ... wheels and tires):
Front - 48 lbs
Rear - 49 lbs
Stock 18in (without aero covers - 43 lbs)

This combo is extremely close to stock diameter using the calculators everyone has mentioned previously.

Since the Stance wheels are made to order was able to get the proper 64.1mm hub bore rather than worry about hubcentric rings. It only took mine two weeks to ship.

The wheels are lighter than stock, its just the wider tires add some weight. They shipped to me mounted and balanced so could not check individual piece weight. I don't trust the scale used so numbers are just good for differences vs. stock most likely. If you want to trust the numbers, for example, the front Kuhmos are listed as 29lbs so this could mean the wheel is only 19lbs whereas stock wheel without covers is listed as 22lbs.

Its not obvious I learned to determine what widths/offsets make a "flush" fit. The wheel wells are tapered so its really how much wheel you want sticking out at some point. My rears become flush about 3/4 the way up the rear fender but would still describe this as more of a slightly aggressive offset as can see a good amount out near bottom of fenders. Took below pic slightly away from body line so it appears flush all the way up, but really not in terms of the widest point at top ... but bottom sticks out a good amount:
IMG_1340.jpg

The Kuhmo PA51's were very reasonably priced and have good treadwear rating of 45k. Tread pattern seems more like a summer tire also which is good for me and had good luck with Kuhmos in general on other cars. They have a very good lip on them to protect against curb rash. The spokes on the SF01 are elongated so kinda stick out a little so are at most risk but most wheels don't have this.
IMG_1339.jpg

Was going to go all black on the wheels so these were initially not an option for me, but after Jason explained the tinting process they use on the flat face of the spokes that are machined it sounded like would be something different to try. They catch some light to reflect but look very black on low light, In normal light it is almost a metallic pewter color and almost looks like black chrome in some lighting ... really like it. Was not intentional but they go really well with the silver and black font front brake calipers so not really wanting the performance model red calipers now.

The staggered setup is what I wanted for looks and have had corvettes where cant rotate tires and was never an issue, The wider wheels in rear and more aggressive backspacing give it a fair "dish" look whereas the fronts are a bit more flat profile, which I think looks good and hope works well as some info suggests keeping fronts tucked in a little and less dish helps with efficiency much more than what is going on at the rears.

These would only look even better in 20's and think there is a little room for even more aggressive offsets, maybe another half inch on wheel/tire combo too of someone wants to go really aggressive. I just was looking more for the unicorn compromise and did not want to worry about low profile tires as this is a commuter for me. Still really impressed how much better these look for just going up to 19in and now even ok with the gaps as the wider wheels seem to not make me see the gaps being a little extreme even though not changed since diameter is the same.

For custom made to order rotary forged wheel setup was very happy with the price. Not going to mentioning exact pricing as not sure what deals can always be given but will say these came very professionally wrapped from Jason on a pallet to my house door strapped to a pallet mounted, balanced, black lugs, black valve stems, and new TPMS installed for just a bit over $2k no hassles and no issues.

Pics above don't do it justice IMHO ... even better in person.

Lots of details above but did it as I hope its a good summary of what all should think about if looking for a new wheel/tire setup.

Last edited: