Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
44CC2BF6-6F09-4327-AE84-262EBF4930DE.jpeg
07FB7281-4B98-458A-A1FF-60818270803D.jpeg

I am looking at having to replace my rear tires now before my Cali road trip in a week, then my fronts when I get back. Did anyone have any luck getting their MXM4's prorated for a discount on their tires? My LR RWD 3 is at 17k miles, and my rear tires won't pass inspection. My front are at about 4/32".

Someone has a set of MXM4's with 4500 miles and 7-8/32" on craiglist for $500 which is tempting for now, but I have to get 2 tires this week for certain. Will probably run by discount tire after work today. Discount does have some tires not listed on here, but I do want a warranty for my next set for certain.

Will post back what I find out on the warranty side.

https://www.discounttire.com/fitmen...ting-desc:&sort=allVehiclesRating-desc&page=0

Reactions: Misterbee
Hong Kong owner here!

Based Performance: 20" HRE, Falken FK510, Voresetiner kit

What else: a lot of CF trims, including seat back covers, rear center vents, front dash strips, center control, PPF, ceramic coating, 35% all round tint, 70% wind shield tint, power frunk and trunk

Coming: KW V3, de-chrome, red door handles, CF steering wheels etc.

Attachments

• 20191214_124900.jpg
    20191214_124900.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 405
  • 20191214_124823.jpg
    20191214_124823.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 391
Ended up getting a huge discount on my Michelin replacement tires at discount tire from the michelin warranty. If the Primacy Tour A/S were in stock it would have only cost $332 out the door, but those are on national backorder. I upgraded to the Michelin Cross Climates and that was $512 after the warranty discount. It seems like the warranty discount was around $150 a tire or so since those tires would cost around $1100 to install otherwise at $220 a tire. You do have to replace the tires with other Michelin's but most Michelin certified shops can replace them under warranty.

Definitely don't get another set of MXM4's at the service center. Those cost around $1200 out the door. Your mileage may vary. Same thing with Costco also, they may honor the warranty when you buy from them, but your first set won't be covered.

Just another reason why I have always used discount tire for over 20 years.

Ended up getting a huge discount on my Michelin replacement tires at discount tire from the michelin warranty. If the Primacy Tour A/S were in stock it would have only cost $332 out the door, but those are on national backorder. I upgraded to the Michelin Cross Climates and that was $512 after the warranty discount. It seems like the warranty discount was around $150 a tire or so since those tires would cost around $1100 to install otherwise at $220 a tire. You do have to replace the tires with other Michelin's but most Michelin certified shops can replace them under warranty.

Definitely don't get another set of MXM4's at the service center. Those cost around $1200 out the door. Your mileage may vary. Same thing with Costco also, they may honor the warranty when you buy from them, but your first set won't be covered.

Just another reason why I have always used discount tire for over 20 years.

Good to know. How many miles were on your OEM tires and what were the tread depths when you replaced them?

Good to know. How many miles were on your OEM tires and what were the tread depths when you replaced them?
I was just around 17200 miles on MXM4's. My back 2 did not pass Texas state inspection below 2/32" tread depth. My front ones were around 4/32" but within warranty replacement guidelines. If I could have, I would have driven them a little further to delay the cost, but the inspection and doing a 3500 mile road trip forced my hand. I don't want to get stuck in winter weather with bald tires on my road trip.

Right now my new tires are getting shipped in, but until then I will give my current tires a final run for the money. Nothing to lose at this point except for a little bit of traction.

My mxm4 lasted about 30k (90% freeway driving, 3mm left) , got a solid rebate from the tire store. They made me try for the as3+ but I opted for the PS4s. I've been on the PS4s about 3 months and 7k miles. My tire does make more noise in certain areas of the freeway but not too bad. My wh/mi increased slightly. Avg 224 for 30k miles on mxm4. I'm averaging 234 for the 7k miles past 3 months.
Just installed my hub caps a week ago and noticed a slightly lower usage.

My wh/m is around 285 average in my LR RWD 3. That's in Texas, so cold is not really an issue on that front. Highways in Texas do keep that high with 75mph speed limits, but I definitely step on it a few times a day. Efficiency was not a concern since I was paying 7.25 cents a kwh my first year, but now I am locked in at 8.9 cents a kwh for 36 months with 100% renewable. Wish I would have signed up for the 3 year contract at 7.25 cents instead of 24 months, but its still pretty decent. Tires are more expensive than energy at this point though. I wanted the primacy tours which have good ratings and were $50 cheaper a tire, but those are out of stock nationally.

• Funny
Reactions: Texas Flood
I’ve gone through 4 sets of those and currently have them on two cars. It’s a very well balanced tire (in the metaphorical sense); I would classify it as very good at most everything, while being the absolute best at nothing. It has a supportive sidewall, which makes cornering quite satisfying, even though they do not provide the highest level of cornering grip. In this respect, I much prefer them to the MMX (their sidewall collapses in a most unsatisfying way under cornering, despite otherwise being rather firm). I also find the Pirellis predictable when they start to slide. Road noise is good, not quite as muted as say a new DWS, but they also don’t rumble a lot more when worn. I’ve also driven on them in a serious snowstorm; pretty decent for an all-season and, as far as I could tell, no worse than other M+S all seasons.

It’s been a while since I’ve had the AS3, but I liked them a lot. A bit more harsh then the Pirellis perhaps but with very good grip. For year-round giggles on above-US-average tarmac, I’d get the AS3. For about the same performance and a bit more comfort, without the roly-poly feel, I’d get the Pirellis again. The MMX should be relegated to Prius duty in dry locations with flat terrain.

Great write up and I agree.

Bought the PZero summer tires for our Mercedes E350 Sport and they lasted < 10,000 miles. They made the car downright harsh. loud and uncomfortable, although they stuck like superglue. Switched to the Pirelli PZero all seasons. They held up while providing a much quieter, compliant, refined ride. Couldn't tell much difference in steering feel or turn in on this family car. MHO, unless someone is tracking their car the PZero Summer tire is too great a compromise. The all season version is "just right" without giving up too much in the handling dept.

Is anyone experiencing a slight vibration with their aftermarket wheels?

I just got the EVT turbines in 19” and Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack tires. I get a very slight vibration at highway speeds, it’s not buttery smooth like it was on the factory 18s.

any ideas? road force balancing? on car high speed balancing?