Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pics of Non-P model 3 with stock ride height and 19's and 20's? I won't be dropping the car till later this year. So I was just thinking of getting the wheels now.
Here's my dual motor with 19X9.5 wheels and 265/35/19 tires before I lowered it. I saw a few pictures of guys running 255/40/19s, and I think they'll fill in the fender gap a bit more and look better without it being lowered. And they'll give you a little more tire for a softer ride. I might try them next time just to reduce rolling resistance a little and get a softer ride.
20200406_182008.jpg

Here's my dual motor with 19X9.5 wheels and 265/35/19 tires before I lowered it. I saw a few pictures of guys running 255/40/19s, and I think they'll fill in the fender gap a bit more and look better without it being lowered. And they'll give you a little more tire for a softer ride. I might try them next time just to reduce rolling resistance a little and get a softer ride. View attachment 546661

You can run a 245/40 but a 255/40 might be super close to the arm and you might rub.

You can run a 245/40 but a 255/40 might be super close to the arm and you might rub.
The ones I've seen running it didn't have a problem. Obviously with aftermarket wheels and the right offset though. I think with my 35 offset would clear it no problem. I think I have room to spare. It would be 9.25mm added to sidewall height from my setup, but narrower tread by 10mm. I'll have to measure the clearance from the top of the arm to the tread on my current setup though, maybe I'm remembering wrong on how much clearance I had. Could save me from a mistake or from offering bad advice.

Last edited:
The ones I've seen running it didn't have a problem. Obviously with aftermarket wheels and the right offset though. I think with my 35 offset would clear it no problem. I think I have room to spare. It would be 9.25mm added to sidewall height from my setup, but narrower tread by 10mm. I'll have to measure the clearance from the top of the arm to the tread on my current setup though, maybe I'm remembering wrong on how much clearance I had. Could save me from a mistake or from offering bad advice.
I personally put on 255/40 and the tire did fit but you have to remember it flexes and so I started to heard noises underneath. By all means go ahead and try but it's your money to rebuy and remount

1634E80F-08CE-4059-B7FC-66E58452709C.jpeg
4DBED477-7C55-4FBC-B188-DD92387AE0B5.jpeg
Here’s the pics of 255/40 on a 9.5 ET 35 wheel. Good luck

• Informative
Reactions: Dolemite
I'm taking delivery of an SR+ and wondering if you guys can help me figure out if I can re-use my winter wheels/tires from my old Infiniti:

https://www.1010tires.com/Wheels/Enkei/KOJIN/476-880-6545SP
These are 18X8, 5/114.3, 45mm offset, 72.60mm hub bore

OEM seems to be 18x8.5, 5/114.3, 40mm offset, 64.1mm hub bore

The difference I can tell is that my wheels/tires are a bit thinner, but with a thicker sidewall resulting in +13mm (2%) increase in overall diameter. Offset is also 5mm more. Do you think they will be compatible?

If so, I'm assuming all I need to do is to buy hub-centric rings and remove the locator bolt on the Tesla's rotors?

Thanks!

Need help with getting new wheels. I have a performance model 3. Blue with white interior. I would like to get 18 inch wheels with a tire that lasts longer and provides a more comfortable ride. I intend to powder coat them white and if possible get floating hub caps on them. What wheels would you recommend. I don’t understand offset etc. Ideally I would like a squared setup with tires that are easily available and not too expensive to replace if I were to have damage. TIA

I'm getting some new wheels in this week. They're the MRR NES FG-01 in 19x9 et35. They'll be replacing 19x8.5 et32 Forgestar CF5V.

I'm contemplating getting wheel spacers (standard non bolt-ons) for the rear to give it a more flushed look, and i'm trying to decide between 3mm or 5mm. I believe that 3mm will work fine with regard to thread engagement, but i'm not sure if 5mm will. I don't have any spacers with my current wheels, and when I tighten my lug nuts, I get more than eight rotations of thread engagement, which I understand to be one way to measure it. I also understand that different wheels are going to have different seat thickness, but does anyone know whether or 5mm spacers be safe? Or do I have to wait until I get the wheels in person in order to determine that?

So I got my new wheels in, the fully forged MRR NES FG-01, and I was surprised to find that they actually weigh .6 lbs more than my current wheels, the Forgestar CF5V, that are rotary forged, albeit being .5" narrower in width.

How is it possible that a rotary forged wheel can weigh lighter than a fully forged even when they're similar in design and mass?