Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had cars with staggered wheels/tires in the same size. Thought of doing something different
Hmmm... 18s up front and 20s in rear....try photoshop first.
How about switch them for this kinda look:

1681611227097.png

Woenderful thread. It is going to take me while to find the answers from the 300 pages. In the meanwhile, if somebody already has thought of this setup, let me know if it is doable or not.

1681439166444-png.928233

Is it doable? Yes
Is it recommended? No

With AWD cars….for the best handling performance…..squared is what you want. Staggered can exacerbate the front end to push, but nothing that would be an issue with normal or spirited driving on public streets. Adding in 18” and 20” staggered will negatively effect the handling even more. Now you‘re adding in sidewall flex on top of less contact patch. If for some reason you want to do that, I would suggest at least a 19” and 20” setup. I believe there are some OEM’s that come with different sized front to rear wheel diameter setups. But they are usually only 1“ differences.

Yeah BMW and Porsche both us smaller front wheels but only 1" difference as for example M3/M4 come with 19's on the front and 20's on the rear. However the chassis it tweaked and the tire sizes optimize as just randomly doing this on any car won't make it handle better and going down two sizes is very unnecessary.

Reactions: enemji