Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

air conditioning always on 5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same issues with my MS100D (March 2018), the fan always runs between 5 and 7 fanspeed with a lot of noise even when the cabin temperature is at setpoint. In my opion the temperature controller is not very acurate as well, but this issues where pressent car since I received the car and havent improved during the many software updates.
They need to tune the PID controller for the temperature and fanspeed. Now I need to change the fanspeed en temperature on hourly/daily basis.

In my Audi A6 I never touched the temperature or fanspeed controller, it was always at a stable temperature and I only heard the fans running when the car was realy hot or cold, when it achieved setpoint no noise at all and always a stable cabin temp.

My temp is set at 19 degrees celsius (66 Fahrenheit) and sometimes I break down in sweat because of the heat and 15 minutes later my legs freeze. Hope they solve this to improve the comfort!

Whenever I hit the A/C button/icon at the bottom of the MCU or turn on the A/C remotely, the fan comes on at level 5. I never need it this high and it bothers me. So every single time, I need to spend extra time fiddling with the A/C controls on the MCU to turn the fan down to level 1. I really think it should come on at the same level as the immediately prior time that the A/C or fan was on. In the end, this is just an annoyance, but it's an annoyance that crops up all the time and is an unnecessary distraction.

• Informative
Reactions: TS_Rob
I never check the fan speed. And I have rarely noticed the fan noise unless I put on the defroster. But I am older (early 70s) and maybe my hearing is reduced? In any case, I have not noticed any difference despite using version 9 software.
Version 9 has made it more difficult to tell what is happening with the AC, and nearly impossible to adjust it as you'd like, i do agree on that point.

Same. When I’m in full auto it usually starts blowing simultaneously through defrost, main, and floor vents simultaneously with AC on and can 6. After 10 minutes it switches to either forward and floor vents or one or the other. AC remains on but fan decreases to 5

What I do when it’s too much fan I put the system into manual mode