Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air fresheners for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys leaving your car's Recirc on? I think some of the problems people may be having could be the result of leaving it on that setting and preventing fresh air from coming in. Especially if the car has been sitting with trapped stale air in the car overnight. I've made a point of leaving Recirc on only for when I'm directly behind a pollution-spewing vehicle or bad outdoor air odors; and then I'll take it off Recirc when I'm back in fresh outdoor air. I do notice some off gassing odors that I feel are coming from my windshield sun shade after it's been sitting in the hot sun for hours and it's detectible when I get in the car (dispelled quickly when I turn up the fresh air fan setting) but no musty odors like what I have read in the threads.

Long story short... I play a lot of sports and my car is starting to smell like a locker room. I notice it particularly in the morning if I play a game at night or have a hard evening workout and then drive home.

Are their any good air fresheners out there that are rather inconspicuous? IE... I don't want something that's going to be a piece of scented cardboard hanging from the mirror.

Thanks

See attached, you can pick your scent and it lasts forever.

I pick from wifey's stash from Bath & Body Works...;)
20190828_184507.jpg
20190828_184751.jpg

You can wrap it with dark colored towel so that its insconpicuous...

Reactions: KenC
Long story short... I play a lot of sports and my car is starting to smell like a locker room. I notice it particularly in the morning if I play a game at night or have a hard evening workout and then drive home.

Are their any good air fresheners out there that are rather inconspicuous? IE... I don't want something that's going to be a piece of scented cardboard hanging from the mirror.

Thanks
Ozium

Reactions: Kleenerth3
These are complete sh*t btw. overpriced, won't stay in the air vent channel when turning corners, and lost smell very quickly. would have gotten a longer scent in my car from lighting my $20 bill on fire than buying these things.
Completely agree. I thought it was the best thing ever until i got them... I still have one loose in my dash bc i can hear it. lol
Just wondering, would the two of you buy more scent wedges if it didnt rattle around in the dash and could be replaced for half the price and lasted longer? I was going to buy these just based on how it looks, I like the wood look but now I'm happy I forgot to order them while ordering all my accessories for my Model 3.
Also what was the longest period those have lasted for you? Is the essential oil just soaked into the wood or is there a porous core?

Buy a medium-size (2-hands side by side) mesh party favor bag from a store like Michaels, and some zeolite from the pet store (Aquarium supplies). Put zeolite in bag, tie closed. Shake lightly and.or apply vacuum cleaner to get loose dust. Place under seat.

The stuff absorbs odors like nobody's business and every month or so, either replace the zeolite, or spread it out in the hot sun, in the oven at 200F for 20 minutes, or microwave it for 15-30 seconds.depending on the amount of zeolite in the bag.

End result: No odors, and no coverup smells to overpower you.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Just wondering, would the two of you buy more scent wedges if it didnt rattle around in the dash and could be replaced for half the price and lasted longer? I was going to buy these just based on how it looks, I like the wood look but now I'm happy I forgot to order them while ordering all my accessories for my Model 3.
Also what was the longest period those have lasted for you? Is the essential oil just soaked into the wood or is there a porous core?

If they were $5, lasted longer and actually got into the dash vent more snuggly, then yes I'd buy them again.

They were strong smelling for a couple days but then lost the charm. I would take a right turn/left turn and they would fling all over the car. terrible