Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air recirculate setting

mbman81

May 10, 2018
USA
Oh man. This! It annoys me cuz it does not save. I hate sucking in the toxic fumes from ice in front of me. Want recirculated air only.

Crash83K

Jun 28, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
+1

The fires here is SoCal are really bad and constant. Today I drove through the smoke and noticed that at some point in my drive the air vent opened and I was breathing in the smoke. I had to turn on recirculation... again... to avoid breathing anymore of the smoke.

In general, SoCal, especially Los Angeles, has really bad air quality regardless of the fires.

I don't understand why, if we have A/C on, we can't keep recirculation on since the A/C part already dries the air and prevents windows from fogging up.

I think this is definitely something Tesla needs to ponder and come up with a solution for.

Reactions: fiatlux

Watts_Up

Mar 4, 2019
In a galaxy far, far away
+1

The fires here is SoCal are really bad and constant. Today I drove through the smoke and noticed that at some point in my drive the air vent opened and I was breathing in the smoke. I had to turn on recirculation... again... to avoid breathing anymore of the smoke.

In general, SoCal, especially Los Angeles, has really bad air quality regardless of the fires.

I don't understand why, if we have A/C on, we can't keep recirculation on since the A/C part already dries the air and prevents windows from fogging up.

I think this is definitely something Tesla needs to ponder and come up with a solution for.
This would be easy to add since Tesla provides personalized driver settings.

vickh

Dec 16, 2018
az
Like the S we need the chemical defense/hepa filters as an OEM option as well. Are there any good aftermarket filters that come close to S ?

gcmak

Jul 26, 2019
San Francisco
For me, I notice mine is usually on circulate and I get concerned that it stays on circulate when the car is off because it traps in moisture which creates or contributes to the build-up of that fun stinky smell. Happens in ICE cars too.
But I hear you guys in certain situations where you may want to keep circulate on, even while parked - Ash from wildfires as an example.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC