Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air recirculate setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
+1

The fires here is SoCal are really bad and constant. Today I drove through the smoke and noticed that at some point in my drive the air vent opened and I was breathing in the smoke. I had to turn on recirculation... again... to avoid breathing anymore of the smoke.

In general, SoCal, especially Los Angeles, has really bad air quality regardless of the fires.

I don't understand why, if we have A/C on, we can't keep recirculation on since the A/C part already dries the air and prevents windows from fogging up.

I think this is definitely something Tesla needs to ponder and come up with a solution for.

Reactions: fiatlux
+1

The fires here is SoCal are really bad and constant. Today I drove through the smoke and noticed that at some point in my drive the air vent opened and I was breathing in the smoke. I had to turn on recirculation... again... to avoid breathing anymore of the smoke.

In general, SoCal, especially Los Angeles, has really bad air quality regardless of the fires.

I don't understand why, if we have A/C on, we can't keep recirculation on since the A/C part already dries the air and prevents windows from fogging up.

I think this is definitely something Tesla needs to ponder and come up with a solution for.
This would be easy to add since Tesla provides personalized driver settings.

For me, I notice mine is usually on circulate and I get concerned that it stays on circulate when the car is off because it traps in moisture which creates or contributes to the build-up of that fun stinky smell. Happens in ICE cars too.
But I hear you guys in certain situations where you may want to keep circulate on, even while parked - Ash from wildfires as an example.