TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Air recirculate setting

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by octoad, Jun 9, 2018.

1. octoad

octoad Member

How can I get the air recirculate setting to be saved? Every time I take a drive, I have to change it back to recirculate.

• Like x 1
  2. fseir

fseir Member

I’ve noticed this, too.

3. mbman81

mbman81 Member

Oh man. This! It annoys me cuz it does not save. I hate sucking in the toxic fumes from ice in front of me. Want recirculated air only.

4. Crash83K

Crash83K New Member

+1

The fires here is SoCal are really bad and constant. Today I drove through the smoke and noticed that at some point in my drive the air vent opened and I was breathing in the smoke. I had to turn on recirculation... again... to avoid breathing anymore of the smoke.

In general, SoCal, especially Los Angeles, has really bad air quality regardless of the fires.

I don't understand why, if we have A/C on, we can't keep recirculation on since the A/C part already dries the air and prevents windows from fogging up.

I think this is definitely something Tesla needs to ponder and come up with a solution for.

• Like x 1
  5. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

This would be easy to add since Tesla provides personalized driver settings.

6. 640k

640k Member

after-all it saves every other flipping modification i do in the car... what's one more thing?

7. vickh

vickh Active Member

Like the S we need the chemical defense/hepa filters as an OEM option as well. Are there any good aftermarket filters that come close to S ?

8. gcmak

gcmak Member

For me, I notice mine is usually on circulate and I get concerned that it stays on circulate when the car is off because it traps in moisture which creates or contributes to the build-up of that fun stinky smell. Happens in ICE cars too.
    But I hear you guys in certain situations where you may want to keep circulate on, even while parked - Ash from wildfires as an example.

9. justsomeguy

justsomeguy Member

Probably not - the HEPA filter is absolutely massive and anything close to that good would probably not allow enough airflow.

• Informative x 1