Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air suspension compressor constantly going off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I have a model S its a 2014 p85. My air suspension is compressor is constantly going and its making me crazy. At every traffic light it goes on and 5 seconds after it stops it does it again The service center replaced the compressor and solenoid but this keeps happening. The light in the dash came on today and went off next time I drove it. I considering getting rid of the car over this issue. Has anyone had this happen?

Yep, sounds like an air leak somewhere. You dont have to take it to Tesla for this. Any good independent repair shop can do the usual with any air suspension diagnosis: Put it on the lift, spray soapy water at each connection for each air shock and at the air distribution block coming from the compressor. They will see bubbles forming in the soapy water and then can identify the source of the leak.

Thanks everyone. Thats what I thought. I think my tesla service center blew me off and just threw a bunch of different parts in without really looking at the issue
any update on how you managed this issue?
My own issue with my 2018 MX air compressor was repeated failures at 12k, 18k, then 40k. Like you, I asked why the failures occured repeatedly (esp at the 18k event but each time they just removed and replaced the unit. Unlike yours, my failures were always preceded by a mid/high pitched metallic gearing noise which eventually resulted in failure of the suspension to relevel, luckily never bottomed out. So, with the last SC visit they were forced to delve deeper into the possible problem and found some type of pump valve responsible for not allowing condensation to leak into the pump mechanism to have failed so the internal water leak was corroding the pump. They assume this was the culprit since they tested all the air lines and air bladders for leaks and found none...
Lesson learned, I guess we have to be persistent with the SC on arriving at source of problem and not just R&R parts... I live in Hawaii, with only 1 SC so we havent any recourse if the SC staff is complacent.

Look, another satisfied happy as can be Tesla owner with Suspension issues and as I did said too he’s considering getting rid of his car over the suspension issue.

I’ll wait for the Tesla fan club to come in here and make up more excuses

Issues suck, no question about it. And Tesla for sure has their fair share of them. But dumping a car over a single part failure seems excessive.