Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Air suspension issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I have a 2017 MS with air suspension, and I think I must have a leak somewhere as it drops to 'low' every time I leave it anywhere. It does go into standard and high when running, but obviously the compressor is probably running permanently to do this.

Before I start to investigate fully, is there a known weak point in the system which I should start at?

Hi all, I have a 2017 MS with air suspension, and I think I must have a leak somewhere as it drops to 'low' every time I leave it anywhere. It does go into standard and high when running, but obviously the compressor is probably running permanently to do this.

Before I start to investigate fully, is there a known weak point in the system which I should start at?

'20 Raven here - but isn't this normal behaviour when parked?

Wait.....what? So every time I get into the car after it's been parked, it's on 'low' this is normal behaviour? I assumed it would stay on 'standard' unless pressed low, high, extra high?

I'm starting to doubt myself now!

OMG I can't believe how thick I've been. The 'automatic lowering' was set to 'always' grrrrrrrrr
That depends.

If I wanted to park over the high cement block in the parking lot, I would raise my car very high. It will stay that way while I go shopping until I return and drive it away. If I return and see the car is crushing that cement block because it just lowered down on its own, that's not how it is designed.

My 2013 Model S with air suspension is now "retired" to part-time duty in Florida. Which means it can sit in the garage for more than a month...plugged in of course. But every time I return to it after such a period, the suspension has fallen to the lowest position. It does re-inflate once the car is turned on.