Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alaska P90D ordered!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery agent in Seattle said they will get it before the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Blue, Pano, Gray Next Gen, Matte Obeche. EVERY option except no spoiler and the included 19" wheels.

I'm hoping to have it more than pay for itself via renting it out via Relay Rides. If something doesn't work with Relay Rides, I'll likely start my own fleet rental company, we'll see. Alaska doesn't have any luxury car rentals available.

I'm curious if they will try to tack on a delivery/shipping charge to Alaska, but the handful of other AK owners I've read about didn't get charged.

Thanks all!

My delivery agent in Seattle said they will get it before the end of the year, but I'm not holding my breath.

Blue, Pano, Gray Next Gen, Matte Obeche. EVERY option except no spoiler and the included 19" wheels.

I'm hoping to have it more than pay for itself via renting it out via Relay Rides. If something doesn't work with Relay Rides, I'll likely start my own fleet rental company, we'll see. Alaska doesn't have any luxury car rentals available.

I'm curious if they will try to tack on a delivery/shipping charge to Alaska, but the handful of other AK owners I've read about didn't get charged.

Thanks all!
Looks like an awesome ride! Will look you up when I got to Alaska next. I went in January, and well, you did not have snow. Make sure that is fixed when I come back!

Also I sent you a PM: we can't have you order without benefiting from the 2k$ off, can we? Thank you NADA and dino-car dealerships in VA and OH! :)

Thanks all - can't wait! I'm having second thoughts on my color selection, but I think i'll go with it and try to do Xpel and C Quartz or Opticoat. Although at the point when protecting the surface exceeds the cost of replacing the surface, you have to think twice as well.

I'm waiting for the MVPA to get to my bank, however they haven't sent me one reflecting the discount code yet.

Thanks JW!!

So I have two days left before it finalizes, and I'm thinking on changing a couple things, especially considering my business plan to rent it out.

First off, I think I'm going to drop AutoPilot for now. I can always add it later, and the risk for renters using it inappropriately is too high. Even for appropriate users, there's a LOT of bugs in the system still - stories of the rear ending, turning into oncoming cars, etc.

Secondly, the exterior and seat colors: my current order is exactly what MY first choice would be. However I want seats and colors that will wear the best, and I'm afraid that's a silver exterior and black seats. Thoughts? I've heard rumors of the blue jean stains in the lighter color seats. And Alaska is notorious for gravel all over the roads, and even with Xpel and C Quartz or OptiCoat, I would envision lots of chips and scratches in the beautiful blue paint. A compromise might be the black seats and risk it with the blue exterior.

On the Autopilot question, keep in mind that apparently it requires a service center visit to enable it, and can't just be done over the air. I don't see why it couldn't be enabled OTA, but apparently Tesla isn't doing it. Depending on your service situation up there in the frozen wastelands, that could cause some irritation.