Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Album / Audio Art Disappeared

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since upgrading to 2022.44.30 all the art tiles in audio have disappeared. Its the same for tunein, spotify and radio (which are the only 3 sources I use anyway). It was fine on the version before (2022.44.25.2 I think)

I was hoping the move to 2023.2.10 would fix it but it hasn't. Any fixes or anything I can do as it pretty annoying

I have a similar issue. My screen locked up, so I reset the computer using both scroll wheels. Upon reboot, all of the album art and radio station graphics disappeared showing a box with a question mark in it. After several days of driving, most of the artwork has returned, but not all.

Specifically, some radio stations still show the question mark. I’m curious how long it will take for all of the artwork to return.

I'm pretty sure this is a race condition in the Tesla software. In other words, one part of the software goes to play the song while another part goes to retrieve the album art. If the part that starts playing the song is faster than the part that retrieves the album art, then you get no album art (since the art wasn't ready to display when the song started playing). Reason I suspect this is sometimes I see half-finished album art displayed, like the top part of the picture with the bottom part gray or missing. In that case, the part that retrieves the album art was right in the middle of doing its job when the song started playing. I also suspect, but am less confident, that this bug is in a third party library Tesla is using, and no one who works for Tesla wants to fix it, since they see it as outside their responsibility.

Reactions: heapmaster
I've been having this problem too. Interestingly, everything looks fine on iTunes and normal radio art. But Spotify, tune-in and the streaming app just have the question mark and no album art. I've tried multiple re-sets. I also tried the trick of switching my tire setting. That actually made a few bits of art pop back, but the majority still missing.

Just chiming in, I didn't notice this problem maybe at first but now I do.

And I can replicate the bug when I open the browser. As soon as I open the browser and load a page, album art starts to disappear. Looks like a memory leak/management issue, as my browser has also force closed itself numerous times. Rebooting solves the issue (until the browser is loaded again).

EDIT: I'm on an Intel Atom MCU.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
IMG_0740.jpeg
I’m running 2023.2.12. The most recent for my car, but it’s been happening since this update.

So according to Reddit, some people say that the only way they could recover this issue is by doing a full Factory Reset, and those who did it claim even after a week the problem hasn't resumed.

So I think it's safe to assume that's the only way to rectify this issue at this point. Just the only frustrating thing is that you'll have to redo everything that's not saved in Tesla's cloud. I'm going to guess that includes Bluetooth, Homelink, probably sign-in music accounts, maybe browser bookmarks.

Reactions: PecuniaNonOlet
Has anyone found a solution to this.....???

I am int he same boat... just see a music note on everything with ever service except Apple music which shows like the aboe poster just on the right noit on the left.

Tesla servie tried to reset this and it didnt work. They suggested a full factory reset which I will not do.

Has anyone tried a System configuration resent, which I saw online in which you change the wheel size and the car reboots and reconfigures somehow? I was thinking of trying this.....

Anyway has anyone at all got their album art back... without a full factory reset!?

Thanks!!

Has anyone found a solution to this.....???

I am int he same boat... just see a music note on everything with ever service except Apple music which shows like the aboe poster just on the right noit on the left.

Tesla servie tried to reset this and it didnt work. They suggested a full factory reset which I will not do.

Has anyone tried a System configuration resent, which I saw online in which you change the wheel size and the car reboots and reconfigures somehow? I was thinking of trying this.....

Anyway has anyone at all got their album art back... without a full factory reset!?

Thanks!!
With Spotify? With the new Spotify refresh update?

I'm no longer having this issue. Sometimes it's slow to load but I figured because Spotify's interface is now basically an html wrapper it's handling images differently than before.