Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Albuquerque

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone go to this Tesla event in Santa Fe this weekend and maybe ask the Tesla people what is the status of the SuperCharger that's supposed to be "Coming Soon" in the local area? I am real keen on a Santa Fe / Lamy supercharger....

There was no event per se, just test drives. One of the Tesla reps did mention Denver direction Superchargers by January, but nothing around Lamy or Santa Fe. I think Las Vegas, NM and ABQ Superchargers are going to be the closest ones.

Update:
Supercharger between Denver and Santa Fe will be done by January. I couldn't remember if it was June or January. I have just confirmed it is January. Is anyone driving the I-25 in December. Maybe you can scout?

Last edited:
We completed a 6000+ mile adventure in August in our MS85 including the trip from Denver to Santa Fe and then to Gallup and up to Utah. We skipped Albuquerque but would have appreciated a SC there. We drove the segment from Denver to Santa Fe with an overnight stop at the Raton, New Mexico KAO. We started with a full charge of 260RM after dinner next to the Lone Tree SC (plenty of restaurant options there) and headed out just before dark. We stopped for coffee in Colorado Springs and got another 18 miles in one hour from the J1772 in the public parking garage. After some fretting about whether we would get over the Raton Pass (elev. 7800+ feet) we coasted all the way down into Raton with 32RM to spare. We stayed overnight in Raton in one of the KAO’s Kabins (they are clean and comfortable, and late arrival is OK but reservations are required) and got a full charge using the campground’s 14-50. The next day we drove to Santa Fe via Taos. This drive from Raton to Taos was scenic, yet the hills were low and we used only a bit more than RM. We used a 110v outlet for a few hours in Taos, and the drive from Santa Fe to Taos was OK -- more commercial and mostly flat. We had at least 30RM to spare coming into Santa Fe, and we used the ChargePoint charger in the Santa Fe convention center public parking near the plaza, which is on the first parking level and works well. The main risk on the Denver to Raton and Taos to Santa Fe segments was that there were few charging options along the way, but it proved not to be a problem for the MS85 with a little topping up along the way.

We completed a 6000+ mile adventure in August in our MS85 including the trip from Denver to Santa Fe and then to Gallup and up to Utah. We skipped Albuquerque but would have appreciated a SC there. We drove the segment from Denver to Santa Fe with an overnight stop at the Raton, New Mexico KAO. We started with a full charge of 260RM after dinner next to the Lone Tree SC (plenty of restaurant options there) and headed out just before dark. We stopped for coffee in Colorado Springs and got another 18 miles in one hour from the J1772 in the public parking garage. After some fretting about whether we would get over the Raton Pass (elev. 7800+ feet) we coasted all the way down into Raton with 32RM to spare. We stayed overnight in Raton in one of the KAO’s Kabins (they are clean and comfortable, and late arrival is OK but reservations are required) and got a full charge using the campground’s 14-50. The next day we drove to Santa Fe via Taos. This drive from Raton to Taos was scenic, yet the hills were low and we used only a bit more than RM. We used a 110v outlet for a few hours in Taos, and the drive from Santa Fe to Taos was OK -- more commercial and mostly flat. We had at least 30RM to spare coming into Santa Fe, and we used the ChargePoint charger in the Santa Fe convention center public parking near the plaza, which is on the first parking level and works well. The main risk on the Denver to Raton and Taos to Santa Fe segments was that there were few charging options along the way, but it proved not to be a problem for the MS85 with a little topping up along the way.

Another choice on this path is to drive to Salida, CO where there is a 70A J1772 available at Wood's High Mountain Distillery during business hours, then head south. I have used a 14-50 the Taos Valley RV Park in Taos that is 3 miles or so south of the center of Taos.

Did anyone go to this Tesla event in Santa Fe this weekend and maybe ask the Tesla people what is the status of the SuperCharger that's supposed to be "Coming Soon" in the local area? I am real keen on a Santa Fe / Lamy supercharger....

While it's not a supercharger, it does look like there is now an 80A HPWC in Santa Fe:

The Inn of The Five Graces

150 E De Vargas St Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Driving Directions
Liquidity
Phone (866) 992-0957
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752

Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available by reservation only. Please see front desk.

SANTA FE PROTEST Jan 5 9:30am

https://progressnownm.wordpress.com...-support-dirty-coal-read-the-internal-emails/

http://thinkprogress.org/climate/20...exico-utility-charge-solar-owners-30-a-month/

This is unacceptable. Please message me if you're interested in attending.

---update---

https://www.facebook.com/events/590135834447429/

Please join with us and hundreds of New Mexicans on January 5th, 2015 at 9AM-11AM to demonstrate on the first day of the Public Regulation Commission (PRC) hearing that will determine NM’s energy future for the next 25 years. Let’s stand together to demand clean, affordable replacement power for New Mexico and say NO to more expensive nuclear and dirty coal.

More than 30 community groups from throughout the state representing INDIGENOUS RIGHTS, FAITH, THE ARTS, BUSINESS, SOCIAL JUSTICE, & ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY are hosting this critical convergence.

Together we will demonstrate the public will for replacement power that is free from the financial, health, and environmental risks and costs of coal and nuclear, and as a result is CHEAPER for rate-payers and will lead to hundreds of jobs and large-scale renewable energy deployment.

January 5th is the first day of the two-week long Public Regulation Commission Hearing through which the replacement power decision will be determined.

TRANFORMATION REQUIRES LARGE-SCALE SOCIAL MOVEMENTS AND THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO MOBILIZE IN NEW MEXICO FOR THE ENERGY TRANSITION OPPORTUNITY OF OUR LIFETIMES.

JOIN US!!!

Last edited:
While it's not a supercharger, it does look like there is now an 80A HPWC in Santa Fe:

The Inn of The Five Graces

150 E De Vargas St Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
Driving Directions
Liquidity
Phone (866) 992-0957
Roadside Assistance (877) 798-3752

Charging
1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available by reservation only. Please see front desk.

The Inn of the Five Graces is unique, one of the funkiest boutique hotels I've seen: each room/suite is decorated in a sort of East-meets-West mashup with fabrics and furnishings from the Seret and Sons collections, most of which originate in central and south Asia. Note that the TM website blurb about charging there now states that the single charger offers 'up to 64A', not 80A.

Serets.com : Interior & Architectural Decor, Santa Fe - New Mexico

Seret and Sons' extensive showrooms are worth a stop when you visit Santa Fe, and staying at the Inn of Five Graces is a hoot, if your tastes run that way.

Not as relevant to the Tesla folks, but I just opened plugshare, and 4 Chademo chargers are listed as coming soon. Not sure I beleive it because that's be awesome for the Leaf folks, but figured you'd be interested as well considering Chademo is about as close as you get to a supercharger (not really, but better than level 2).

Construction has finally started on the Albuquerque SC in the SE corner of the Applebee's parking lot on Manual, just east of I-25. Per the crew, estimated completion by 5/20.

- - - Updated - - -

Construction has finally started on the Albuquerque SC in the SE corner of the Applebee's parking lot on Manual, just east of I-25. Per the crew, estimated completion by 5/20.

Correction - "Menaul" Blvd NE

Abq Tesla-Bern-Machine event 6pm Oct 10th

Abq Tesla-Bern-Machine event 6pm Oct 10, 2015 -
at Positive Energy Solar, 3600 Pan American Freeway NE Abq, NM 87107
snacks & BYOB
Meet up with Paul Sasso and his Tesla Bern Machine "Take the #BernMachineChallenge: Take a selfie of you and the Bern Machine and post it to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag. For every new photo posted Paul Sasso will donate a dollar to Bernie's campaign. (up to $2,700) . The #BernMachineChallenge started September 1st in San Diego. It has crossed the country to NYC and down to West Palm Beach, FL. Now it is on its way back to Vegas or the first Democratic Debate, Oct 13.
Tesla Bern Machine.jpg