Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alignment specs attached

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would any of you alignment pros make an changes based on this spec sheet. Car pulls to the right slightly before and after alignment.
My car too pulls slightly to the right. I've also read others reporting the same.
I talked to my friend about it, and he said it is by design for most newer cars. It's just in case you fall asleep at the wheel, the car veers right to prevent a head on collision with traffic going the opposite direction. I didn't bother researching if it is true or not.

My car too pulls slightly to the right. I've also read others reporting the same.
I talked to my friend about it, and he said it is by design for most newer cars. It's just in case you fall asleep at the wheel, the car veers right to prevent a head on collision with traffic going the opposite direction. I didn't bother researching if it is true or not.
There aren't any alignment settings that are intended to make the car pull right. The specs will always be even side-to-side with zero thrust angle.

That being said, the reason most cars will eventually drift right is due to the road crown. The road is not flat, otherwise, it wouldn't drain properly when it rains, so the road will slope to the shoulder so the water drains off. On a multi-lane road, the crown will often be off to the left shoulder if you're driving in the left lane, so you know you have a bad pull if the car will pull you up the crown and then off the right side of the road.

Chances are that if you have the same pull when driving on different roads, the alignment needs to be tweaked. If the pull is so hard that it almost yanks the wheel out of your hands, it can potentially be a tire pull, which is diagnosed by rotating the tires in an X pattern.

Reactions: SQ97 and dfwatt