Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL Cameras Stopped Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the same problem now. All cameras are out. No TACC, no autopilot, no advanced safety assistance features. Also, GPS is non-functional, so navigation does not work. Basically, my two-month-old MYLR is now a 1980s electric car with comfortable seats and good air conditioning.

I have tried re-booting, both the cold and warm reboot. I tried the shut down the car and wait 2-4 minutes, and it was not successful. Then I tried Factory Reset. Well, that was interesting. Of course, nothing happened as to the no-camera issue, but my car's location, which was stuck at my residence moved to Tesla HQ.

Well, I tried to make an appointment at the service center. The next available appointment is three weeks out at the third closest service center one hour away (on a good day, no traffic, yes >60 miles). The next available appointment at the closest SC is six weeks out. geez.

I have the same problem now. All cameras are out. No TACC, no autopilot, no advanced safety assistance features. Also, GPS is non-functional, so navigation does not work. Basically, my two-month-old MYLR is now a 1980s electric car with comfortable seats and good air conditioning.

I have tried re-booting, both the cold and warm reboot. I tried the shut down the car and wait 2-4 minutes, and it was not successful. Then I tried Factory Reset. Well, that was interesting. Of course, nothing happened as to the no-camera issue, but my car's location, which was stuck at my residence moved to Tesla HQ.

Well, I tried to make an appointment at the service center. The next available appointment is three weeks out at the third closest service center one hour away (on a good day, no traffic, yes >60 miles). The next available appointment at the closest SC is six weeks out. geez.
this is a serious problem.... It happened to me, and it quite dangerous!! I tried everything to fix it... The only thing (besides waiting 4 weeks to go to a service center) that worked was a "Hard Reboot", which was a very calculated way of unplugging the battery in back and the 12v battery (negative) in the front. NOTE, YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO DO THIS.

this is a serious problem.... It happened to me, and it quite dangerous!! I tried everything to fix it... The only thing (besides waiting 4 weeks to go to a service center) that worked was a "Hard Reboot", which was a very calculated way of unplugging the battery in back and the 12v battery (negative) in the front. NOTE, YOU NEED TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING TO DO THIS.
Update: After taking the car to the service center, they said that the camera outage was due to a firmware issue. They reloaded all firmware and everything works again. I didn't try the "Hard Reboot", I'll keep that in mind in case it happens again.

I am having a similar issue with no GPS/Cameras etc. Car still drives, but no backup camera or AP. I did a "Factory Reset" and nothing seemed to happen, except now my car thinks its at the factory in Norcal. Service appt is 2 wks out, I'll try to remove the USB's and do the soft reset again (both buttons held.) Any other suggestions? I think I recall an error after the last software upgrade, but I didn't pay too much attention. Is there a way to force the car to reload the latest software download?

I am having a similar issue with no GPS/Cameras etc. Car still drives, but no backup camera or AP. I did a "Factory Reset" and nothing seemed to happen, except now my car thinks its at the factory in Norcal. Service appt is 2 wks out, I'll try to remove the USB's and do the soft reset again (both buttons held.) Any other suggestions? I think I recall an error after the last software upgrade, but I didn't pay too much attention. Is there a way to force the car to reload the latest software download?
Unfortunately, I don't think there is anything we owners can do to fix it. Try calling the service center and see if they can do anything remotely before your appointment.

Good afternoon. After reading your post I realized that I am experiencing the same problems as you are. Not sure if you've found a fix to it yet, but my problems began Monday July 15th.
Starting with my autopilot/cruise control not working, unable to see the vehicles or Lanes around me.
Headlights on all day long regardless of day or night
Sentry mode not working due to error.
All of the above alone point to problems with the cameras. The only camera functioning properly is the rear camera.
I also noticed that the passenger side vanity mirror light is not working properly. The light to the left of the mirror doesn't turn on and the one on the right if the mirror is dimly lit when opening up the mirror cover.

I've trying toggling on and off autopilot
I've tried turning off sentry mode - just as one YouTuber had suggested, to no avail.
I have even rebooted the system 3 or 4 times.
I have a service appointment August 9. But that's more then 2 weeks away.
I'm running version 2019.20.4.4 edb5360

Any suggestions?
David, I have the same problem and I'd really like to hear how it played out for you. Did you solve it? What did you learn from it? Thanks / Tobias (MS 2018) in Sweden