Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rivian's financials on the other hand, not gonna be so good. The Rivian trucks have a lot of hardware. I bet the $69000 Rivian actually costs more to build than the $169000 Lucid. And Rivian has twice the headcount as Lucid, so their OPEX will be much higher too.

I mean, I'll probably buy some Rivian shares when it IPOs, but I'm not nearly as bullish (short term) on Rivian as I am on Lucid.

• Informative
Reactions: dww12 and mltv
According to this article Rivian IPO at $60B valuation. Same as current LCID market cap now.

Lucid ended Q3 with $4.8B in cash.
Lucid has increased reservations from 13k+ to 17k+
Lucid has broken ground on increasing capacity from 34k units to 90k units. The 56k unit increase is apparently for Gravity SUV whose Job 1 is late 2023.
Lucid remains confident it can achieve 20k units in 2022. Doesn't specify production or delivery.
Lucid says launch event was for 150 customers. Didn't say it delivered 150 vehicles at event.

Lucid ended Q3 with $4.8B in cash.
They lose about 500m per quarter, implying 2 years of runway. About half their loss is non-cash, though, which helps. On the flip side they also need cash for capex, inventory, etc.. None of this is an issue with a 50b market cap, but that can change overnight.
Lucid says launch event was for 150 customers. Didn't say it delivered 150 vehicles at event.
The 150 might include media, big investors and analysts. Can be read either way. The "parade" was close to 20 cars. Maybe some drove around and went through a second time, haha.

They lose about 500m per quarter, implying 2 years of runway. About half their loss is non-cash, though, which helps. On the flip side they also need cash for capex, inventory, etc.. None of this is an issue with a 50b market cap, but that can change overnight.

The 150 might include media, big investors and analysts. Can be read either way. The "parade" was close to 20 cars. Maybe some drove around and went through a second time, haha.

As of today Lucid is a $90B cap company, but yeah that can change in a flash.

Like Tesla, they will be back to the capital markets several times over their first decade of production.

Unless members of media, investors and analyst put a reservation or order for an Air then they are not "customers."

Reactions: UCF3
1637293185435.png

Tom did his insideevs podcast this morning. Talked about fast charging an Air Dream Range.

Reached peak 303 kW for a little bit.

Charged 100 miles in 5 minutes.

Charged 300 miles in 21 minutes.

For reference using Kyle's video the Plaid after 21 minutes the Plaid is at 63% SOC which in my Plaid with 19" wheels is an estimated range of 252 miles. I assume the long range will read higher since it has a slightly larger battery. Is there a final confirmation of how big the Lucid battery pack actually is?

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
For reference using Kyle's video the Plaid after 21 minutes the Plaid is at 63% SOC which in my Plaid with 19" wheels is an estimated range of 252 miles. I assume the long range will read higher since it has a slightly larger battery. Is there a final confirmation of how big the Lucid battery pack actually is?

No, Dream editions are 118 kWh useable.

GT editions are 112 kWh useable.

There have been what appears to be official specs with above and the numbers have been confirmed by Tom with Lucid engineers.

After real world date is collected peak may rise to 320kW-340kW.