Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All discussion of Lucid Motors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1702549903397.png

Air Sapphire inside Saks Fifth Avenue's flagship store in Manhattan.

I talked to a friend a few days ago who was the person who allowed me my first experience with driving an electric vehicle in his Model S some years ago and that eventually led to my own purchase of a Tesla. He is seriously considering buying from Lucid given his frustration with Musk's childish public behaviours. I pointed out Lucid's various problems, but he was adamant that the underlying vehicles themselves were sound and that the Saudis would not let them fail.

I talked to a friend a few days ago who was the person who allowed me my first experience with driving an electric vehicle in his Model S some years ago and that eventually led to my own purchase of a Tesla. He is seriously considering buying from Lucid given his frustration with Musk's childish public behaviours. I pointed out Lucid's various problems, but he was adamant that the underlying vehicles themselves were sound and that the Saudis would not let them fail.
When I hear of people not buying a Tesla and going elsewhere just because of Musk, I think that is so laughable. Who cares what Musk does. Every corporation has something wrong with them. Lucid is owned by the Saudi’s who have a horrible record of treating women, VW was started by Hitler’s Nazi’s during WW2 and more recently they lied during diesel gate and because of them most diesel cars are gone from US. I could go on and on.

Just laughable when people do things like that about Musk. Heck everyone gets stuff from China. Want to talk about them too? They just have no clue.

When I hear of people not buying a Tesla and going elsewhere just because of Musk, I think that is so laughable. Who cares what Musk does. Every corporation has something wrong with them. Lucid is owned by the Saudi’s who have a horrible record of treating women, VW [...] lied during diesel gate and because of them most diesel cars are gone from US. I could go on and on.

Just laughable when people do things like that about Musk. Heck everyone gets stuff from China. Want to talk about them too? They just have no clue.

Maybe he missed the news about Jamal Khashoggi a couple of years ago...

When I hear of people not buying a Tesla and going elsewhere just because of Musk, I think that is so laughable. Who cares what Musk does. Every corporation has something wrong with them. Lucid is owned by the Saudi’s who have a horrible record of treating women, VW was started by Hitler’s Nazi’s during WW2 and more recently they lied during diesel gate and because of them most diesel cars are gone from US. I could go on and on.

The problem with Tesla is that Musk constantly reminds people of the issue with his actions.

I mostly agree with you..and made a similar point back to my friend when he brought up the issue. I noted that I don't evaluate the politics and behaviours of CEOs of any number of corporations whose products/services that I patronize on a regular basis. He said that was a fair point. That said, Musk is so out there in a media on an almost daily basis with his antics that it is hard to ignore, and the effect is to create a negative aura for the company with some people.

Nevertheless I am likely to stay with Tesla. I am very happy with my Model 3 - the best vehicle that I have owned in 30-plus years of ownership. I do agree with my friend that the Lucid EV technology looks interesting and could be given some consideration. But I would not buy from Lucid myself unless I had more confidence that the company is actually a going concern and until they release something in the category of the Model 3.

Last edited:
I gave this a thumbs up not due to my approval of the Saudis but I agree they will keep Lucid afloat.

I have some kind of issue with just about every CEO but make my purchases for other reasons.

I thought this was a good overview of the Lucid Air by an owner without much hollow praise, yet being fairly straightforward of its strengths and weaknesses.

Reactions: DBV1
I thought this was a good overview of the Lucid Air by an owner without much hollow praise, yet being fairly straightforward of its strengths and weaknesses.

It’s a nice review....his Tesla service experience must have been bad...I hope that when he needs Lucid customer services in the future he doesn’t find that the call center is in Saudi Arabia