Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At the Tesla event in Monterey CA last Saturday they showed a line of leather goods for the first time that will be going on sale soon, didn't say when. Purse, satchel, wallet, iPhone cover, iPad cover, all made from the leather used for the cars interior and with the same color choices. Also black driving gloves with touchscreen-compatible thumb and forefinger.

the "Find Us" tab now also shows not only Stores/Service Centers, but Superchargers (Large Red Icons) and Destination Charging as well (Small Red Icons).

Find Us | Tesla Motors

Haven't seen a lot of posting about this, and I am a bit shocked because this feature is REALLY NICE! In my opinion this layout is better than any of the third party sites that have made use of Google Maps. The only benefit now to something like supercharger.info is that it tracks the inprogress locations as well or that site that helps you plan out ranges and distance and charging information.

Haven't seen a lot of posting about this, and I am a bit shocked because this feature is REALLY NICE! In my opinion this layout is better than any of the third party sites that have made use of Google Maps. The only benefit now to something like supercharger.info is that it tracks the inprogress locations as well or that site that helps you plan out ranges and distance and charging information.

Agreed. This is a very nice feature. On the other hand, the in-progress feature on supercharger is pretty nice, and it seem likes supercharger updates very quickly -- Tesla was missing the South Hill charger initially.

Agreed. This is a very nice feature. On the other hand, the in-progress feature on supercharger is pretty nice, and it seem likes supercharger updates very quickly -- Tesla was missing the South Hill charger initially.

Well that is likely because of how supercharger.info sources their information... which is largely thanks to people like us and TMC. South Hill was known for a while based on various conversations and posted here on this site (and likely other locations), so people knew the general geography to keep an eye out for and post relevant information.

What I think would be awesome, and would end a lot of this need for crowdsourcing information, is if Tesla did something similar themselves on their map. If they would change their map to have the first tab reflect 3 conditions (permitting, construction, completed), the second tab remain "coming soon" in some vague terms, and then the 2014, 2015 sections it would give a lot more granularity to the site and would satisfy most people's curiosity on how they are progressing with it.

If the permits are public knowledge (which they technically are) and the construction happening is also public knowledge (which again... they are) then there is no real secret here, and they should just post the information. The only thing I suppose could be a factor is like in the UK where they were fighting over another charging installation company for the rights to build on a property... so if they revealed their current permits then it might undermine that... but they already give away a lot of details by listing the dot on the "coming soon" map.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it would really show how the permitting is the worst phase of the project... and might actually help them out in the end, since people would start to get a little upset with how long it takes to approve such a silly little install and it might get people organized in Tesla's favor to get the government out of the way of progress.

New Tesla Charger Location Map

Larry

I think those chrome inserts were "standard" on earlier cars, and my car must have been delivered just as they were being phased out. Mine came with Chrome inserts in the Frunk, but just plain plastic in the trunk!

I got mine on front and back, I remember the outcry at the time, I think Tesla stated they were for the Sig series, and then they had some spares (basic maths doesn't really work out on that)!?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, it's chrome - isn't that like gold :wink:

I assume most of the cost is labor-related. Still, seems a bit high.

Technically still plastic, with a shiny surface! They pop out with a standard pry, so unless the labor has a minimum of an hour, they're still a little steep!

Tesla has updated the Design Studio again. The Interior tab has new renderings of the trim pieces and the Alcantara headliner option has been moved under the interior tab. In addition, as I mentioned in another thread, a black alcantara headliner has been added. It looks like the alcantara dash cannot be deleted if you select the alcantara headliner.