Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I was trying to post thank you's to @SamO and @Omarsultan for tweeting photos and comments on the teslamotors.com forum for those who could not attend Thursday's festivities. For a few minutes I was able to access it some time between 7 and 8 p.m. Pacific, then it defaulted to the shot of Tesla phone numbers with country flags shown.

Friday Oct 10 there was a new shot of a dark Model S/D with Autopilot and D ordering info. No amount of obsessive clicking on Forums would allow access.

Tesla might be redesigning that part of the website to enable Search (haha). Or, make us realize the addictive nature of that forum. I really miss it. The various boxes and drop downs on this forum are more difficult to read.
Claudia (@sbeggs)

Hi guys,
I was trying to post thank you's to @SamO and @Omarsultan for tweeting photos and comments on the teslamotors.com forum for those who could not attend Thursday's festivities. For a few minutes I was able to access it some time between 7 and 8 p.m. Pacific, then it defaulted to the shot of Tesla phone numbers with country flags shown.

Friday Oct 10 there was a new shot of a dark Model S/D with Autopilot and D ordering info. No amount of obsessive clicking on Forums would allow access.

Tesla might be redesigning that part of the website to enable Search (haha). Or, make us realize the addictive nature of that forum. I really miss it. The various boxes and drop downs on this forum are more difficult to read.
Claudia (@sbeggs)

Oh the irony of having to come to this forum to complain about the other forum being unavailable & how you like the other one better :). I hope it's back up soon.

No offense taken. What works for some, doesn't work for others. (But you do see how it's a bit funny, yes?)

There was a teslamotors.com forum thread a couple of days ago about being able to post with any desired username, including those of active contributors. I guess the current downtime may be to fix that.

That's been a problem for over a month. Guessing it bubbled up to something else. Maybe PBEndo figured out that a forums regular is actually a Tesla employee and by changing his name he got access to some magical things. :tongue:

Hi guys,

Claudia (@sbeggs)

You are most welcome - glad we could help virtually be there. :)

O

Right after the D updates came out Thursday night, the forum was up. But it had a different design. After I clicked into the Model S section, and the top thread, when the thread opened, it was a dark grey backgound. There was only one initial comment from the OP so there were no replies in that one. But instead of backing out and selecting the next one, there was a red highlighted link of the next named sequential thread. I clicked it and the forum advanced to another thread, (I guess the next one). This one had some replies, so when I backed out of it, to the main Model S page, the screen blinked and displayed the flags and has not been accessible since.

Looks like they were trying to give us a different pattern or interface and it needed some tweaking. And I guess they are stuck not being able to go forward or back to the old way.

Yep, I miss it too. Addictive, huh?

Last edited:
Omarsultan - +1 with Claudia on thanks for the virtual presence! I'm guessing you picked up a number of Twitter followers after the event ;)

As for the outage?

I'm betting that Elon decreed that the TM Forum shall henceforth be one worthy of a company boasting a spaceship capable of 3.2 second 0-60 times, and thus demanded it include a proper search function. And it was so.

Oh the irony of having to come to this forum to complain about the other forum being unavailable & how you like the other one better :). I hope it's back up soon.

No offense taken. What works for some, doesn't work for others. (But you do see how it's a bit funny, yes?)

We're refugees finding shelter in your hospitality :)

I have to say, the proper search function and merging of redundant threads is prett-tty nifty.

I also noted the Brian H containment unit ("Misteaks" thread) ;)

And on the seveth day....

On the fifth day the mighty Tesla invented the Dual Drive and they saw that is was good. So they went for a drive in standard mode.

On the sixth day the mighty Tesla invented Autopilot and they saw that is was good. So they let the car take them for a drive in sport mode.

On the seventh day they rested. And yes, you guesses it, they all went INSANE!

On the Monday after the seventh day, having returned to their senses. The gate to the forum garden of eden was reopened and the sin of no search had been removed!

OK. Now for the rest of the day I'm inside avoiding lighting. :cursing: