Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is some update went horribly wrong as various parts of the site were up and down on Friday. I would be very surprised if Tesla decided to tamp down the discussion considering they let everyone run amok during fire-gate, air-suspension-gate, parking-sensor-gate, drive-unit-gate and delivery-date-gate, not to mention cupholder-gate and lighted-vanity-mirror-gate.

Considering forums are not exactly business critical, I am guessing the web and IT elves with tackle it on Monday.

My guess is some update went horribly wrong as various parts of the site were up and down on Friday. I would be very surprised if Tesla decided to tamp down the discussion considering they let everyone run amok during fire-gate, air-suspension-gate, parking-sensor-gate, drive-unit-gate and delivery-date-gate, not to mention cupholder-gate and lighted-vanity-mirror-gate.

Considering forums are not exactly business critical, I am guessing the web and IT elves with tackle it on Monday.

i guess it's easy to forget parcel-shelfgate when it doesn't affect you:)

The elves are still functioning: I received the official company email notice regarding the opening of the Casa Grande sc this (Sunday 10-12) afternoon.

A few things have gone awry on the site since the "D" announcement.

-Forums have gone missing

-"View design" option no longer available on my reservation page, though the VIN is still there

-No links that I can find to the accessories store. It still works if you go directly to shop.teslamotors.com.

People who have contacted Tesla were told that it's down, they know it's down and are working on getting it back on line. Apparently it did come back up at some point but went down again. I'm pretty sure that it's not the same group that designs the software for the car.

-No links that I can find to the accessories store. It still works if you go directly to shop.teslamotors.com.

At the "D" event I saw some new items that were supposed to be available in the on-line store the next day. Some cool stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems that all discussions are now taking place under comments below the new blog posting announcing the D.

I saw that too and I thought it was sad to see the blog comments go down that road. It's really cluttered up compared to past blog comment areas.

I'm not sure when this change happened - On the design page, it looks like you can't upgrade to Michelin tires on the 60 anymore? Actually they dont even describe the tires at all. Is Michelin or Goodyear now the standard tire? It doesnt describe that Michelin is standard on the 85 either. So whats the change? Is Michelin not standard on the S85 now?

I also see that their PPF is gone but I think that's been mentioned before.

Also I thought there used to be a 'Features' page that described in more detail the features of the Model S. That page seems to be completely gone too. Going to /features just redirects to the design page.

I'm not sure when this change happened - On the design page, it looks like you can't upgrade to Michelin tires on the 60 anymore? Actually they dont even describe the tires at all. Is Michelin or Goodyear now the standard tire? It doesnt describe that Michelin is standard on the 85 either. So whats the change? Is Michelin not standard on the S85 now?

I also see that their PPF is gone but I think that's been mentioned before.

Also I thought there used to be a 'Features' page that described in more detail the features of the Model S. That page seems to be completely gone too. Going to /features just redirects to the design page.

Michelin discontinued the Primacy a few months ago. The other web site changes also happened at least a few months ago.