Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Discussion re: Tesla Motors Website & Forums

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two Autopilot changes on the page that disappeared were pretty interesting:
- automatic lane change - tap the turn signal indicator and the car moved into the lane automatically
- auto parallel parking - car would park itself

I don't know if these were "spoof" placeholders or real features.

- automatic lane change - tap the turn signal indicator and the car moved into the lane automatically

The former of these was actually demoed at the D launch. I was in the car, saw it work.

Parking-part actually had a image showing parking in a residential garage and text saying the same. Way beyond what I would refer to as simply paralell parking. The image clearly showed a "leave car at the curb and it puts itself into the garage-type "animation".

Yep. Facelift.
Quite a lot of new info as well. Autopilot is now described in much more detail and with images to explain further. Supercharger-pages much improved as well. Model x-page seems almost gone so I assume something big is coming there soon...

edit: and they have finally updated estimated range for the P85D in Norway. Now showing 480km as opposed to 502km for the standard.

Quite a lot of new info as well. Autopilot is now described in much more detail and with images to explain further. Supercharger-pages much improved as well. Model x-page seems almost gone so I assume something big is coming there soon...

edit: and they have finally updated estimated range for the P85D in Norway. Now showing 480km as opposed to 502km for the standard.

On the Canadian site it's showing the P85D as only 405km of range now. 425km for the 85D.

Additionally it's showing the Model X as 2016 delivery!

...On the Canadian site it's showing ... 425km for the 85D.

They're short-selling themselves a bit since the EPA range for the S85 is 426 km. However, at the top of the Canadian pages it mentions the overly optimistic European NEDC rating of 502 km, which I don't think belongs on a North American site, especially in Canada where cold weather is a factor.

The new Supercharger page is also missing Hartford, CT and Auburn, MA.

Otherwise, the new site seems more informative and user friendly. Bravo.

Quite a lot of new info as well. Autopilot is now described in much more detail and with images to explain further.

I find it striking that the autopilot description is quite aggressive, including multiple features beyond what is shipping even in v6.1— parking spot detection and auto-parking; turn-signal lane change; emergency braking (?), etc. I certainly hope that means that a feature-laden 6.2 is coming PDQ!

- - - Updated - - -

I like the new cleaner aesthetic. It should be easier for people coming to the company afresh to find compelling info.

Since I am an unabashed long-time Apple fan, it is a complement for me to say that it is distinctly Apple-like.

Autopilot Parking

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Regular, Helvetica Neue Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN, Meiryo, MS PGothic, Roboto]"When approaching a Supercharger station, Model S automatically parks in an open stall. "[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Regular, Helvetica Neue Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN, Meiryo, MS PGothic, Roboto]If you don't like backing into a supercharger this is for you![/FONT]

Autopilot Parking

[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Regular, Helvetica Neue Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN, Meiryo, MS PGothic, Roboto]"When approaching a Supercharger station, Model S automatically parks in an open stall. "[/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue-Regular, Helvetica Neue Regular, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, Hiragino Kaku Gothic ProN, Meiryo, MS PGothic, Roboto]If you don't like backing into a supercharger this is for you![/FONT]

I think they're lacking a few disclaimers.

I think they have intentionally segregated the current-owner from prospective-owner material. The forums can be accessed from the "My Tesla" page, but also with a small link at the bottom right of the new "Updates" page.

But its not going to be obvious that there is a forum on their website even for current users; which will probably help this website. I thought how it was at top was a much easier way for new users or others to find the forum. But, I dont know what their goal is either.