Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Electric - All in...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you use so little? I am entirely electric and just picked up my car last Tuesday. In the past year I've used 35 618kWh.
I make my wife turn the lights off when she leaves a room ;)

no, seriously. There’s just the two of us and we heat from oil. I calculated in an earlier post that oil would equate 8500kWh roughly
plus my PV can generate 60KWh on a summer’s day

Reactions: PITA
How do you use so little? I am entirely electric and just picked up my car last Tuesday. In the past year I've used 35 618kWh.?
What element of the house uses most power? Night storage rads or similar? Bitcoin mining :D? Even back in the days of our power hungry lifestyle and when my mum lived in our annex (pre solar and EV’s) we never used more than 10000kWh annually.

What element of the house uses most power? Night storage rads or similar? Bitcoin mining :D? Even back in the days of our power hungry lifestyle and when my mum lived in our annex (pre solar and EV’s) we never used more than 10000kWh annually.

The next highest use item, is our Heat Pump for heating the house... mainly because it's on constantly throughout the day 👍

For me, it's EV Charging ... that uses loads of power...

... just to put that into perspective though...

In the last 31 days the car has used over 0.5MWh

But it's only cost me £27 so far...

Screenshot_20220213-194037_Tesla.jpg

I run a crypto farm that generates 5 bitcoin a day

I think that heating uses the most power since it increases as temperature decrease
1644782134882.png

We are pretty much all electric -

About 14MWh annually.

CARS: Tesla M3, Nissan Leaf and Mitsubishi iMIev.
SOLAR PV: just upgraded from 3.2kW to 9.14kW but too early to see much consumption difference.
SOLAR WATER (150 evacuated tubes)
LOG Burner: 8 Tonnes per year logs plus 2 tonnes briquettes.
DEMAND: AGA 30A storage, some electric water in the winter. Electric Cooker (summer when the Aga is off). Very occasional backup Propane for cooking (when the power is off). Usual collection of domestic appliances. Sporadic use of electric heating for cold corners in the winter.

Hidden Vehicles: Nissan Navara - sorry but the EV's simply won't pull 3 tonnes or go where the Navara goes!
10 tonnes of burning stuff kinda preclude the "all electric" side, doesn't it? ;)

We’re around 6.5 - 7mwh per year, no solar currently.

Air source heat pump, everything drawn from grid, no gas at all. Leccy car gets charged between 2 and 6am. One diesel vehicle which we will keep forever (when the ICE goes dodo mode I will put an EV conversion kit in and hopefully by then we will have solar or wind).

It’s 3000sq ft and all baseboard heating
That make sense. By baseboard I guess you mean it’s underfloor heating. Plus I just realised you’re located in Quebec as opposed to the U.K. where I am.
That suggests that your climate needs a whole lot more home heating than mine!
A pal of mine married a Canadian girl and moved to Quebec 20 years ago. When he got there, he found out just how cold, cold really is!

That make sense. By baseboard I guess you mean it’s underfloor heating. Plus I just realised you’re located in Quebec as opposed to the U.K. where I am.
That suggests that your climate needs a whole lot more home heating than mine!
A pal of mine married a Canadian girl and moved to Quebec 20 years ago. When he got there, he found out just how cold, cold really is!
Yeah that's right. You get used to it but now that I got my Tesla its great how fast it heats up in the cold. If you don't precondition the battery before leaving you get 0 regen though. Out of curiosity, how much does it cost per kWh in the UK? Here its 6.16c for the first 40kWh in the day and 9.50 for the rest so about 3.6p and 5.5p/kWh

Yeah that's right. You get used to it but now that I got my Tesla its great how fast it heats up in the cold. If you don't precondition the battery before leaving you get 0 regen though. Out of curiosity, how much does it cost per kWh in the UK? Here its 6.16c for the first 40kWh in the day and 9.50 for the rest so about 3.6p and 5.5p/kWh
At the moment we’re in the throws of an energy crisis. Gas prices have gone up by 200% maybe more. Electricity prices were capped but not across the board. generally about 50-100%. I’ve been fortunate. I pay 5p/kWh from 00:30 - 04:30 and 14.12p/04:30 - 00.30. Thé good part is that my Tesla Powerwalls provide all the power outside of the cheaper rate so I only use 1KWh per week of peak rate as the Powerwalls are balancing flow against the grid. My rates will go up to 7.5p and I think 36p from April.
As we’re heading to spring my solar panels will cover all my use anyway.
Whether prices will drop back is anyone’s guess!