Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Glass Roof

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered the all glass roof on my wife's Tesla and also ordered the UHFS. Website did not indicate that this option takes away the satellite radio on UHFS. Only way you would know is if you select sunroof which then states that this option is needed for roof rack and satellite radio. I also made stupid assumption that the all glass roof was similar to the panorama roof option on my MB E550. When we got home, was wondering how to open sunroof. Doh! I am truly a dimwit! If I had known sunroof had glass in rear, would have ordered that instead. All glass roof looks beautiful but IMHO, it is tinted darker than I would have liked.

The streaming option Tesla provides (Slacker?) makes up for loss of Sirius-XM, but I'm a Howard fan. Tesla guy suggested streaming from my phone to car for that.

I just ordered my second MS 100D due pretty soon. Thought of the all glass roof but wanted the XM. Sowing with pano roof just as i have on my first one. love it. On my first one slacker is pretty nice but missed the XM so I streamed from my phone as well works fairly well but you still lose it in more remote areas whereas not with normal satellite.

I own the all glass roof and love it

It needs to be tinted otherwise you'd have major issues with the sun.
It's not super tinted, just tinted a good amount

Many of us opted for all glass because the wind noise is less than the sunroof (although not always) and all glass doesn't have the cross beam making the car feel so much more open

But it's true
You lose the ability for XM Sirius and for roof racks
And it doesn't open

But I realized that in 17 years of owning cars with a sunroof I opened mine maybe 3 times

Ordered the all glass roof on my wife's Tesla and also ordered the UHFS. Website did not indicate that this option takes away the satellite radio on UHFS. Only way you would know is if you select sunroof which then states that this option is needed for roof rack and satellite radio. I also made stupid assumption that the all glass roof was similar to the panorama roof option on my MB E550. When we got home, was wondering how to open sunroof. Doh! I am truly a dimwit! If I had known sunroof had glass in rear, would have ordered that instead. All glass roof looks beautiful but IMHO, it is tinted darker than I would have liked.

The streaming option Tesla provides (Slacker?) makes up for loss of Sirius-XM, but I'm a Howard fan. Tesla guy suggested streaming from my phone to car for that.

The sound quality streaming XM is better then getting it from satellite. So unless you normally drive in areas without AT&T....