Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Pre-June Orders Delivered by End of September

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just dropped in to Edinburgh Tesla to discuss potentially changing my order to P+ from LR 19" due to delay to be told that they had been on a conference call this morning with the senior sales and delivery guys and were told that all pre-June orders would be delivered by end of September EXCEPT those with a Towbar

Have to take this with a healthy dose of cynicism but it may offer some reassurance to those who have placed early orders and still have no VIN / Delivery window.

"EXCEPT those with a Towbar".

2017 reservation, 1 May 18 order, added tow hitch on first day available after Tesla told me it would not affect delivery date. Now pointing delivery into Q4.

I'd already decided I will cancel my order because of the experience. This further vindicates this decision. Absolutely zero benefit for being an early supporter. Ironically, it has been a detrimental experience and driven me away from the brand.

The only reason that I haven't cancelled yes is I actually want to know if they even recognise how atrocious the experience has been when they call to ask for the final payment.

O
"EXCEPT those with a Towbar".

2017 reservation, 1 May 18 order, added tow hitch on first day available after Tesla told me it would not affect delivery date. Now pointing delivery into Q4.

I'd already decided I will cancel my order because of the experience. This further vindicates this decision. Absolutely zero benefit for being an early supporter. Ironically, it has been a detrimental experience and driven me away from the brand.

The only reason that I haven't cancelled yes is I actually want to know if they even recognise how atrocious the experience has been when they call to ask for the final payment.
I think you haven’t cancelled because deep inside you know you love the car too much to give up this easy

O

I think you haven’t cancelled because deep inside you know you love the car too much to give up this easy
Exactly. You’re only annoyed because you want the car but haven’t got it yet. Cancelling the order isn’t going to fix that in a good way.

waiting until they ring with a delivery date and then cancelling just prolongs your unhappiness.

decide, and be happy with the decision.

• Disagree
Reactions: RjbT3
...were told that all pre-June orders would be delivered by end of September EXCEPT those with a Towbar

I think this just reiterates what many have suspected all along, so I can only sigh, again...

Does anyone know the reason why tow is having this delay. Had it not been for comments about other Facebook groups and that Euro/LHD cars exist I would have assumed some problem. And Do we know what sort of proportion of orders will not be fulfilled by end of September? All, most, some, few etc? And when the remainder of May orders will be fulfilled?

Anyone have some more info on this?

I think this just reiterates what many have suspected all along, so I can only sigh, again...

Does anyone know the reason why tow is having this delay. Had it not been for comments about other Facebook groups and that Euro/LHD cars exist I would have assumed some problem. And Do we know what sort of proportion of orders will not be fulfilled by end of September? All, most, some, few etc? And when the remainder of May orders will be fulfilled?

Anyone have some more info on this?

You could always ask Tesla :eek: I think you have got more chance of fitting your caravan to the roof rack!

• Funny
Reactions: Rooster6655
senior sales and delivery guys

Who know less that the people here on the forum.....

I have a specific appointment for 3pm 4th September for an SR+ and tow bar from Edinburgh SC

I rest my case.

The actual painful truth is that it's a complete lottery. You could order today and get one in a week due to a cancellation.

I will bet a good sum of money on any Tesla employee in UK not knowing when Tow Bars will actually arrive in UK. They simply do not get told anything senior or otherwise.

Once the car actually turns up at their SC then they extrapolate and make guesses, just like the rest of us.

I be that even the factory guys in Fermont don't know where the car is getting shipped. They just put them out on the lot and a lorry picks them up for shipping. No single person at Tesla knows end to end when a specific car for a specific customer will get manufactured, shipped and delivered.

The best you are going to get is that X many cars with tow bars got loaded on a ship bound to EU.

Also remember that the members here on the forum are probably 1% of the actual customer base. So no-one here getting tow bars from a specific SC doesn't mean someone is not driving one already.

all pre-June orders would be delivered by end of September EXCEPT those with a Towbar

You can interpret that as "95% of orders pre-June with a tow bar will be delivered, but that last 5% will take a while" Or "no single tow bar will be delivered"

The only meaning you can get from that is that they are clueless.

/rant over

Reactions: Fullerene
Exactly. You’re only annoyed because you want the car but haven’t got it yet. Cancelling the order isn’t going to fix that in a good way.

waiting until they ring with a delivery date and then cancelling just prolongs your unhappiness.

decide, and be happy with the decision.

I've decided to cancel - the money I was going to use is going against the mortgage instead. Given that I've had the reservation fee locked up for 2 years and the deposit for 6, a few more months would not matter and I would quench my curiosity as to when I would have actually received my car. So I'll cancel when they get in contact. I have not ruled out waiting a year or two before coming back to Tesla to buy so I'd like to see what customer service is like and see if they'll do anything to redeem themselves.

Reactions: RjbT3
I will bet a good sum of money on any Tesla employee in UK not knowing when Tow Bars will actually arrive in UK. They simply do not get told anything senior or otherwise.
As further evidence of this, I got into my whole M3 order process after a friend with a Model S and an M3 on order persuaded me to look at it. So, I called the store to book a test drive. I told the guy at the store that I really wanted a LR AWD with tow-bar. This was not available at the time and he was adamant that there was no change in the pipeline (even though that config was exactly what my friend had on order!) so if that was a mandatory requirement there was no point doing a test drive. Less than 12 hours later, the whole model range was jigged and the exact spec I wanted was back on the web-site!

• Funny
Reactions: Gareth Davies
Given that tow bars are not something you can even order now I wouldn't be surprised if tow bar guys are waiting several months, sorry to say.

Reason being at the moment they are shipping over cars that can be switched between different orders in case the original customer is unavailable to collect. Until demand dies down or supply goes up I can see them maintaining this approach for a while.

Having said that - they are supplying P- cars which is also a configuration that doesn't exist anymore.