Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All seasons in the summer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Yachtsman , good info on the CC2s. Where did you get it done?
Dare I say, kwikfit.
I’ll get my coat now.
Seriously I have a very good relationship with my local branch, I get sensible discounts & they have gone the extra mile on occasions, a good team of guys. As an example the manager personally went to collect these tyres so they could meet my fitting time limits.
No over selling just frank advice, good service & helpful advice.

CC2s fitted yesterday. Initial subjective reaction are they deffinately seem both quieter and more comfortable than the stock PS4.
I did a non scientific noise test using a app on my phone. On my way to have the tyres changed I drove a section of the A460 toward & from Cannock, approx half a mile in each direction. I did exactly the same run at the same speed with the CC2s a couple of hours later. This is a fairly rough surface well worn tarmac but I avoided all ruts & holes.
PS4: 41psi 50mph, average noise level 67.4db. The average being registered by the app, not my calculation.
CC2: 40 psi 50mph, average noise level 64.6db.
In both cases the phone lay on the central console forward of the tray & armrest.
The comfort feeling is the CC2s are softer, damping ridges & ruts better than the PS4, while driving a route of 14 miles each way I drive every Tuesday & Thursday & consists of a wide range of different surfaces including the newer super smooth quiete tarmac.
Brilliant writeup, thanks. Any downsides? Does that softness translate to any less authority on turn in etc?

Brilliant writeup, thanks. Any downsides? Does that softness translate to any less authority on turn in etc?
I’ve only driven 40 miles on fairly busy city roads so far so no opportunity to evaluate further. I have been initially impressed not expecting to notice a real difference, so very pleased. The supplier(not fitters) expected them to be noisier, but not in my car.
I’m a spirited driver (quick away from junctions etc) but not particularly sporty so I’ll not be pushing them to the limit. The softness is not spongy & only really noticeable when finding the typical ruts & holes we find on uk roads.

Reactions: Cloggie and Avendit
I've got CC2's being fitted later this morning via Blackcircles uisng a mobile fitter that I've used several times before. Will report back any differences in feeling from the stock PS4's early next week as have a decent drive lined up on Monday.

Reactions: Avendit
Purely from a handling perspective we have been using Pilot All Seasons on our very sporty Mini JCW. Before those we had the regular 4S. The difference was negligible. You would really have to be pushing the car to its limits to even tell a difference. Certainly driving on the roads in the twisty’s you could not tell. How they will actually do in our mild Kentucky winters? We shall see.

Last edited:
@Yachtsman , good info on the CC2s. Where did you get it done?
Apologies Cloggie, I answered your question but I can’t find it now.
They were supplied and fitted by my local kwikfit depot.
I have a really good relationship with them, excellent service, sensible discounts, & honest advice. They rotated my PS4 at 7k miles (at no cost) and the manager personally collected the CC2s to fit in with my limited fitting window. That’s good service.
I’ll get my coat now.

Just wondering out loud but do tyres get noisier as they get older and the tread wears? It might account for the noticeable improvements people experience on new boots.
Maybe, but I’d still got 5mm on the PS4 so I’d not noticed or expected them to get noisier but you could be right.
My PS4 original tyres have never been this quiet or comfortable. But not to get too carried away, they are a noticeable improvement but not silent.
Let’s see what other people find.

Reactions: browellm
Apologies Cloggie, I answered your question but I can’t find it now.
They were supplied and fitted by my local kwikfit depot.
I have a really good relationship with them, excellent service, sensible discounts, & honest advice. They rotated my PS4 at 7k miles (at no cost) and the manager personally collected the CC2s to fit in with my limited fitting window. That’s good service.
I’ll get my coat now.
No worries, thanks for the info. I'm always apprehensive about Kwikfit, maybe I should rethink

I’m in love, yes it’s the CC2s. Travelled the M6 + M5 + A38 & various A/B roads within Birmingham today, doing 84 miles. I love the CC2s they are so comfortable compared to the previous OEM PS4.
I’m not sure about this because it doesn’t make sense but they seem to get quieter the faster you go.
I never considered my M3 noisy when coming from a BMW 330d xdrive which was not quiet by any means so I can’t wait to read others peoples experiences.

C8639547-5614-4F59-B130-94EB5CD627EA.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Cloggie