Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL sound goes away? Requires a reset?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 month old X. This has happened twice in the past week, so apparently this is a recurring thing. :/

DW hops in the car and all sound (not just the stereo, but also turn signals, navigation, etc) is gone. Both times I tried everything I could think of to get it back w/o success. Eventually held the buttons down on either side of the steering wheel and rebooted the car. which worked.

Anyone else had this happen? Any idea what's triggering it?

This just started happening to me today in my model 3, first time this morning, and then again in the evening, a soft reset with both steering wheel buttons did not fix. Went shopping, came back and it all worked. Turn signals and all, no sound what soever.

We're going through the typical instability after a new major software release has been distributed.

It's not unusual that a few problems are missed during Tesla's internal and external testing.

And, based on past releases, as Tesla identifies these issues - they'll likely include fixes in upcoming updates.

If you see a problem - report it using the onboard bug reporting system (press the voice recognition button, and say "report bug no audio from media player" - which will send the bug report to Tesla, along with the status information from your car, so Tesla could look at your vehicle logs to help them determine what happened.

Hi All,

I had this problem a few times in the last few days. 2018.42.2

One additional symptom I have is a buzzing sound that seems to be coming from the steering wheel.

I had heard the buzzing sound a few times and I dismissed it.

Yesterday after the buzzing sound there was no audio at all - As noted above no sound with the turn signals...

Shawn

I had the no audio bug on my previous version of s/w but was able to fix it via dual thumb wheel reboot each time. It was pretty frequent and rather annoying. With my latest s/w (2018.42.2 19e7e44) it seems to be fixed which is great, but now I have the FM radio pop/buzz which is also annoying but not as bac.

Report after the reboot.

If there weren't such long waits to reach someone on phone support, another option is to call Tesla while this is happening and have them remotely look at the car's status.