Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Terrain tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all,

Has anyone managed to fit a pair of A/T shoes on their Model X before? Some quick research shows that switching to 19” 8.5 wheels allows to fit 235/55r19 A/T rubber by Falken and Yokohama while keeping load ratings. I’ve seen videos of 18” wheels on a model X but I am not quite sure how they cleared the brake calipers and rotors 🤔. Obviously the X isnt an incredibly rock crawler, but I believe with some good shoes it can handle the off road mountain passes here in Colorado.

Thanks!

You probably need them as your HW4 was and probably still is a dirt road. :D

I tried to fit 255/55 R19 that I still have from my Land Rover LR3 (Discovery 3 in Europe) but they won't fit at the front. The 235/55R19 will fit I think.

Man, I have spent some time trying to find a solution to this myself. Continental actually makes a factory size AT tire for the 20" rim, but it is EU only and not DOT approved/available in the US.

Hey all,

Has anyone managed to fit a pair of A/T shoes on their Model X before? Some quick research shows that switching to 19” 8.5 wheels allows to fit 235/55r19 A/T rubber by Falken and Yokohama while keeping load ratings. I’ve seen videos of 18” wheels on a model X but I am not quite sure how they cleared the brake calipers and rotors 🤔. Obviously the X isnt an incredibly rock crawler, but I believe with some good shoes it can handle the off road mountain passes here in Colorado.

Thanks!
Any updates? Have 2016 and want to upgrade to All Terrains as well