Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Used Model X Priced the SAME!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As somebody that's been driving a Tesla since 2013 (first the Roadster, now a 90D Model X), my experience is that the "best deal" is the one that involves a Tesla in your driveway that does what you need it to do. I have no doubt that today's Model X is a lot better than the one I got 2 years ago. But a lot better is something like the difference between a 9.5 or a 9.7 on a 10 point scale - you're awfully well off either way.

It's still the best car I've owned and driven on a regular basis by a long shot, and it's still a great car to drive.

And in 2 years, when whatever refresh comes to Model X after Raven comes along, it'll be even that much better than it is today, or it was 2 years ago, or the 2 years before that. No matter how it falls out, it's a great car at a falling price.

So you'll pretty much constantly have a reason to wait, sort of how cell phones were advancing so fast and furious early on, thereby providing a reason to not buy yet (because next year's phones will be so much better than this year's phones).

For myself - I think I've achieved peace by thinking about just how amazing the car is going to be when the loan is finally paid off in 4 or 5 years; that'll be when it's time to look at selling the current Model X, and getting all of the accumulated goodies in a new Model X at that time :).

Completely agree! Well said.

I think someone mentioned that the OA at Tesla said it was on done on purpose.

I know Tesla employees are usually uninformed, but I think on this subject they would know!

I still have my doubts it was intentional. A lot of OAs don't know what's really happening. Likely they're just reacting to the same data we are, and they think it's intentional because the Tesla.com website has those prices. But they were quickly corrected back to normal, so that just shouts as a fat-finger error on the data side. Wouldn't be the first time.

Ok, looking at the data, the screenshot which only lists 22 cars -- perhaps there were more listed at $82,900.

Of those in the visible list, 8 with the largest discounts (see below) were all removed simultaneously at 6:30pm yesterday.
upload_2019-7-17_20-0-52.png

Of the 13 in the original list still available for sale, only SIX are still priced at 82,900. The rest have had their prices updated (even lower than 82,900).

upload_2019-7-17_20-2-49.png

To me, that looks like a data error that was corrected by removing 8 mis-listed cars, and correcting the six others. And this is only based off of the list in the first post.

I still have my doubts it was intentional. A lot of OAs don't know what's really happening. Likely they're just reacting to the same data we are, and they think it's intentional because the Tesla.com website has those prices. But they were quickly corrected back to normal, so that just shouts as a fat-finger error on the data side. Wouldn't be the first time.

I don't think they were fat finger mistakes, otherwise, the prices wouldn't have stayed until today. Personally, given the differences between Raven and pre-Raven, CPOs vs new, if the saving is not more than $12-15K, it's not worth it. Because you also have to consider fed and state tax credits, $2K transport fee, longer warranty, and potentially imperfections from being used. I looked the ones still left at $82900, none of them is that attractive. That's why I think those prices will have to drop again.

Then why would they increase the price on seven of the cars (out of the original 22)?

I don't think they were fat finger mistakes, otherwise, the prices wouldn't have stayed until today.

You over estimate the web-dev staff at Tesla. They make mistakes like this all the time that don't get corrected for days. This is nothing new.

therwise, the prices wouldn't have stayed until today.

Tesla removed 8 of the errors yesterday afternoon. Eight hours after the first post. That's not fast enough for you? :)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Scott7
Ok, looking at the data, the screenshot which only lists 22 cars -- perhaps there were more listed at $82,900.

Of those in the visible list, 8 with the largest discounts (see below) were all removed simultaneously at 6:30pm yesterday.
View attachment 430886

Of the 13 in the original list still available for sale, only SIX are still priced at 82,900. The rest have had their prices updated (even lower than 82,900).

View attachment 430889

To me, that looks like a data error that was corrected by removing 8 mis-listed cars, and correcting the six others. And this is only based off of the list in the first post.

I believe the 8 removed simultaneously is just the daily update.

I suspect that because one of those 8 I placed a deposit on in the morning and it still showed on the evcpo site, but the link was dead after I'd claimed it.

Sure, just take a look at the second image I posted above. There are seven cars listed (at the top) with corrected prices below $82,900 -- all of which were included in the original list of 22 in the OP priced at $82,900.

You know a LOT more about pricing on Tesla’s then most other people. Just want your opinion on what I should do.

I put a reservation on a 2018 Model X 100D White on White 6 Seater with every option except FSD, it does have autopilot however. The mileage is roughly 10,500. It does have the 22 inch wheels as well. Price is $82,900. Directly from Tesla.

My other option is a 2018 Model X 100D black on white 5 seater with EAP and everything other option as well. 22 inch wheels and carbon fiber which the other one doesn’t. This one only has 5000 miles and the seats are ceramic coated. Price on this one is $78,900. Private seller.

Or should I buy a new Raven Model Model X with standard wheels? Price is roughly $89,700 for the same white on white 6 seater without FSD which I would want.

Would love to hear your option if you had time and anybody else’s!

Last edited:
You know a LOT more about pricing on Tesla’s then most other people. Just want your opinion on what I should do.

I put a reservation on a 2018 Model X 100D White on White 6 Seater with every option except FSD, it does have autopilot however. The mileage is roughly 10,500. It does have the 22 inch wheels as well. Price is $82,900. Directly from Tesla.

My other option is a 2018 Model X 100D white on white 5 seater with EAP and everything other option as well. 22 inch wheels and carbon fiber which the other one doesn’t. This one only has 5000 miles and the seats are ceramic coated. Price on this one is $78,900. Private seller.

Or should I buy a new Raven Model Model X with standard wheels? Price is roughly $89,700 for the same white on white 6 seater without FSD which I would want.

Would love to hear your option if you had time and anybody else’s!

I would like to help, but I really try to stay away from offering specific pricing/buying advice for what really is a personal and financial decision. I really don't know what your priorities are (price, features, condition, etc). I'd really hate for someone to make a decision like this based on my advice, and then regret their decision afterwards. Sorry.

Reactions: Super_Popular