Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Used Model X Priced the SAME!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm so torn between a MX Long Range Raven with 20 inch wheels or this MX 100D non-raven with 22 Onyx Wheels White on White for $82,900 I put a deposit on. The price difference is roughly $7000. I read that whole thread about raven delivery and the efficiency and how it's better and the suspension being much better. First MX. Don't know what to do!!!!!!
I'm in the same situation. Where is your car at? Does it have FSD? In case you cancel your deposit... hehe.

$7000 is a tough call. There were some with FSD this morning. If you have gotten one of those, it would have been $12000 difference.

I was able to get the FSD models however the color combos were not what I was looking for. I still have white on white 6 seater on reserve. Just not sure I want it. I’ve seen better deals through private party.

I like the suspension upgrade. I have not personally driven an earlier model, but have heard plenty say the new suspension is worth it.

I am very happy with my purchase so far.

That’s what I’ve heard as well. Which is huge for me!

I'm in the same situation. Where is your car at? Does it have FSD? In case you cancel your deposit... hehe.

Mine is in Denver Colorado. Does not have FSD only autopilot.

$82,900 with 22 inch wheels and white on white 6 seater.

That’s what I’ve heard as well. Which is huge for me!

Mine is in Denver Colorado. Does not have FSD only autopilot.

$82,900 with 22 inch wheels and white on white 6 seater.

I have reserved a white on black 20 in 6 seater with FSD. Also not sure if I want to take it or not. Miles are fairly low.

If I got new I would not buy FSD for now and reduce the cost. But the net difference is still $6k cheaper (but I would get cream interior) or $12k with FSD.

I'm so torn between a MX Long Range Raven with 20 inch wheels or this MX 100D non-raven with 22 Onyx Wheels White on White for $82,900 I put a deposit on. The price difference is roughly $7000. I read that whole thread about raven delivery and the efficiency and how it's better and the suspension being much better. First MX. Don't know what to do!!!!!!

Can you get a refund for your deposit?

I have reserved a white on black 20 in 6 seater with FSD. Also not sure if I want to take it or not. Miles are fairly low.

If I got new I would not buy FSD for now and reduce the cost. But the net difference is still $6k cheaper (but I would get cream interior) or $12k with FSD.

85000 + 6000 + 6000 - 82900 = 14100 which is not too bad. Also I'd take FSD over 22" any day. You should also consider fed tax credit of $1875 + any state credit you can get with new purchase + slightly better warranty.

I ordered a used Tesla MX P100D 2019 pre raven white on white 22” 6 seater, luda and FSD for 107K with 2,800 miles on it. It was virtually new. The bank mailed the check to Tesla I was set for pick up tomorrow morning and i canceled the car with the news of free luda & saw the other inventory cars I was looking at (P100Ds) dropped 20K immediately knew the one I ordered would drop 20K also.

Talked to Tesla they wouldn’t drop the price so obviously I canceled. Tesla said 3-4 weeks to send the check back to the bank and refund my own money, urged them I would be without a vehicle for two weeks time and they told me nothing they can do.

Placed an order for a MX raven new on the site and now I have to wait 4 weeks for Tesla to send the check back to the bank. To top it off the bank wants to run a fresh app for the new car even though the loan amount is the same.

Wish they could rush the process.

Quick tips for guys buying inventory new cars remember you can ask sales to add or remove FSD & sometimes they are willing to swap wheels for you. My sales guy is super helpful anyone needs his info let me know.

And if anyone knows anyone at Tesla who can speed up my refund so I can get my raven shoot me a message please!

Reactions: dragonxt
Pretty happy I found this thread. I've been scouring the Used Inventory for a while looking for the right Model X. I'm torn between purchasing a slightly used 2018 or just biting the bullet and purchasing a new one.

Looking for FSD, long range or ludicrous. Also debating if I should wait for the 2020's to arrive.

You'll be waiting until 2020 to get a 2020 model. There are no real model years for Tesla, just the build year. Changes to the car are continuous, but frequently coincide with builds for U.S. cars for each quarter. If you're not waiting for something in particular, ordering after a change is announced is about the best timing you can do. I waited for AP2 and then another quarter just to be sure. I ended up paying $500 to change that order to a 100D when they were first announced. Thankfully my car stayed relatively current after that, for almost two years.

You'll be waiting until 2020 to get a 2020 model. There are no real model years for Tesla, just the build year. Changes to the car are continuous, but frequently coincide with builds for U.S. cars for each quarter. If you're not waiting for something in particular, ordering after a change is announced is about the best timing you can do. I waited for AP2 and then another quarter just to be sure. I ended up paying $500 to change that order to a 100D when they were first announced. Thankfully my car stayed relatively current after that, for almost two years.

Thanks for the information on the production year / model year thing. Good call.

I'm not waiting for anything in particular as much as I'm looking to have the best deal. If that means used is the way to go I'll go used. Ideally I'd like to have something with under 15k miles. Prices are up there for that, but I read elsewhere on the forum that people are getting insane deals on new demo models and stuff. Going to reach out to the rep that gave me a test drive at Tesla and see about that. Also keeping my eye on the used car inventory daily.

Could be demos.

Demos are sold as "new" since they have not been registered. Some of these low mileage cars have to be customer returns. If so, I would triple check for defects. Tesla is most likely not refurbishing anything on these cars.

And if anyone knows anyone at Tesla who can speed up my refund so I can get my raven shoot me a message please!

This is relatively common. I have heard sometimes it can be faster. You can try contacting corp Tesla Finance at the phone/email below. Note that their voicemail box is often (and sadly) full.

Tesla Finance = (844) 837-5285 or [email protected]

Reactions: masapo98
Demos are sold as "new" since they have not been registered. Some of these low mileage cars have to be customer returns. If so, I would triple check for defects. Tesla is most likely not refurbishing anything on these cars.

This is relatively common. I have heard sometimes it can be faster. You can try contacting corp Tesla Finance at the phone/email below. Note that their voicemail box is often (and sadly) full.

Tesla Finance = (844) 837-5285 or [email protected]

This is helpfil. I have a deposit for a 2019 1400 mile 100D. I asked and they said likely a customer return. I don't think they knew.

Made me suspicious why it would be returned and how they logged that many miles before it was returned, or if it was used as a demo after.

Save $12,000 for peace of mind? Or pay for new and the Raven benefits...

This is helpfil. I have a deposit for a 2019 1400 mile 100D. I asked and they said likely a customer return. I don't think they knew.

Made me suspicious why it would be returned and how they logged that many miles before it was returned, or if it was used as a demo after.

Save $12,000 for peace of mind? Or pay for new and the Raven benefits...

I've read up on some of the Raven benefits, however which ones in particular would sway you?

Not sure what is going on but all used 100D Model Xs are priced exactly the same. (See attached).

This is a significant discount from where they were prices yesterday (~$15k-$25k discount vs yesterday's pirices).

My guess is that this is a system error but I jumped on the anomaly and put in an order for one of the used Model Xs with over 1k miles.

I think the system is reacting strangely the price changes announced today.

Hello,
My wife’s MX P90D lease is ending in 2 months. She wants to lease another MX. Is there a good source to see the inventory of Raven MX?
Thanks

Thanks for the information on the production year / model year thing. Good call.

I'm not waiting for anything in particular as much as I'm looking to have the best deal. If that means used is the way to go I'll go used. Ideally I'd like to have something with under 15k miles. Prices are up there for that, but I read elsewhere on the forum that people are getting insane deals on new demo models and stuff. Going to reach out to the rep that gave me a test drive at Tesla and see about that. Also keeping my eye on the used car inventory daily.

As somebody that's been driving a Tesla since 2013 (first the Roadster, now a 90D Model X), my experience is that the "best deal" is the one that involves a Tesla in your driveway that does what you need it to do. I have no doubt that today's Model X is a lot better than the one I got 2 years ago. But a lot better is something like the difference between a 9.5 or a 9.7 on a 10 point scale - you're awfully well off either way.

It's still the best car I've owned and driven on a regular basis by a long shot, and it's still a great car to drive.

And in 2 years, when whatever refresh comes to Model X after Raven comes along, it'll be even that much better than it is today, or it was 2 years ago, or the 2 years before that. No matter how it falls out, it's a great car at a falling price.

So you'll pretty much constantly have a reason to wait, sort of how cell phones were advancing so fast and furious early on, thereby providing a reason to not buy yet (because next year's phones will be so much better than this year's phones).

For myself - I think I've achieved peace by thinking about just how amazing the car is going to be when the loan is finally paid off in 4 or 5 years; that'll be when it's time to look at selling the current Model X, and getting all of the accumulated goodies in a new Model X at that time :).