Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Already have your car and don’t have Enhanced Autopilot yet? $2,000 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

halfricanguy

Model 3 - LR RWD - MSM
Apr 18, 2018
NC, USA
Next month, you will be able to snag Autosteer and Traffic Aware Cruise Control for $2,000. The rest of autopilot can be gotten for an additional $3,000.

I’ve seen many posts but nothing about this specifically, so hopefully it helps someone. I am personally thrilled as all I really want are Autosteer and TACC, so paying $2,000 for that vs. $7,500 a month ago for everything is beautiful.

Upgrading to Autopilot and Full Self-Driving Capability

I just upgraded to EAP for $5500 a few weeks back. I am feeling like a sucker now.

If your credit card offers price protection and April 1 is within the time frame for a claim, then check with your credit card company and explain the situation. I don't think they will compensate you for the full difference, but you just might get a few hundred dollars back.

I'm still seeing $3,500 for AutoPilot on the website, not $2,000. I'm not sure if that's because the site isn't updated yet with the new prices, or because there is a bug in the pricing code.
The blog post discussing this is dated March 1 and it says the pricing will take place “beginning next month” so it looks like we might not see it until April unless something changes earlier. They’ve been doing a lot of unexpected things lately lol.

The blog post discussing this is dated March 1 and it says the pricing will take place “beginning next month” so it looks like we might not see it until April unless something changes earlier. They’ve been doing a lot of unexpected things lately lol.
The way I interpret that "Beginning next month" comment is that it refers to the availability of the one-click payment system. It doesn't say so explicitly, but I suppose that could be tied in to onset of the discount pricing as well?

Can someone tell me if the new "Autopilot" includes changing lanes initiated by the signal stalk? That would be silly if it didn't, needing to constantly turn autopilot on and off between manual lane changes.
I don’t know but autopilot has a pretty high failure rate for changing lanes and there’s a big delay when it does work. TACC should stay on when changing lanes and just one tap down to reenable autosteer.