Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CSUN CSUN on a run
CSUN CSUN full of fun
I bought CSUN and I won
Please CSUN go up a ton

Sorry, couldn't help myself. You are a genius Norse with your CSUN pick. I have a feeling it won't last very long so I will enjoy it while I can.

Up 25% :)

I found the information here: http://solarpvinvestor.com Great site, and with a forum with alot of info. It costs money, but you make it back in notime.

Here is a stupid question. How do you evaluate which OTM call option contract to buy? I bought CSIQ NOV 13 21 calls but don't think it was a good choice. Should have gone for Jan or Apr 14. Any advice appreciated.

more of an art rather than a science, but I look at implied volatility vs historic volatility, as well as open interest. For most of my trades, I like at least 6 months to give the trade time to succeed (esp true with the solar stocks). My last two buys were jan 15 csiq 17 strike calls on Friday and today, I bought April 14 17 strike calls. I usually stay at the money or slightly otm so I can hopefully form risk free bull call spreads as the stock moves up.

Here is a stupid question. How do you evaluate which OTM call option contract to buy? I bought CSIQ NOV 13 21 calls but don't think it was a good choice. Should have gone for Jan or Apr 14. Any advice appreciated.

If the stock is in the red, and I am buying calls, I always just buy whatever dropped the most in the range I want. Probably not the best method, but whatever.

WTF CSUN?? will there be a correction later this week? Are you going long with your core position?

No, small one, got over 40 calls tho, 200% now.

Might be more. Stock is up 50% now.

300% :D

what sux is, I cant sell since I resetted my buying power today. Fingers crossed it wont go down tomorrow.

Remeber, the same guys giving me this tips, says JASO is next, do not know timeframe tho.

Last edited: