Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously.

I was looking at CSun Friday. Was thinking of buying like a hundred contracts. This morning, it was up like 30% and I was looking thinking "Man, that really sucks, well too late now". Now it's at 60%!

Luckily my other solar investments (CSIQ, JASO, SOL) are up to make me feel better.

I bot another 20% of csiq this morning, this time, April '14 17 strike calls. Sleepy, Norse, do you think there is further upside in csun? I look at the chart, and it screams "wait for a pullback".

I honestly don't know anything about the company. I bought it because of its bargain basement market cap. I will hold on for now, since they might have their Q2 results in October, but I don't know for sure.

KNDI kind of floundered today. I took a loss and got out of it but I wasn't really deeply invested in it anyway and went against my gut and bought too high. Oh well. I am looking CSUN and JASO now just simply because you guys seem very enthused about it from all the pages I am reading. We'll see if it does better.

I usually stick with stocks a lot longer then a few days... but I have a feeling KNDI is going to continue to fall :(

Of course I have no evidence to this claim and even less experience in stocks to say so :) grain of salt people.

EDIT: What are your guys feelings about holding past Q3 results with SCTY? I got in around 11 dollars so I am not sweating but do you guys feel its over valued at this point? I have ready pretty much most of this thread and maybe I missed the conversation on it specifically for the Q3 results.

KNDI kind of floundered today. I took a loss and got out of it but I wasn't really deeply invested in it anyway and went against my gut and bought too high. Oh well. I am looking CSUN and JASO now just simply because you guys seem very enthused about it from all the pages I am reading. We'll see if it does better.

I usually stick with stocks a lot longer then a few days... but I have a feeling KNDI is going to continue to fall :(

Of course I have no evidence to this claim and even less experience in stocks to say so :) grain of salt people.

EDIT: What are your guys feelings about holding past Q3 results with SCTY? I got in around 11 dollars so I am not sweating but do you guys feel its over valued at this point? I have ready pretty much most of this thread and maybe I missed the conversation on it specifically for the Q3 results.

Im almost all out of SCTY. I see JKS, JASO, CSUN and CSIQ as my picks ahead in solar. SPWR, SCTY and some others are still under my radar tho.

Bought some CSIQ APR 14 17 calls just before market closed. Hopefully it'll continue to go up tomorrow so I can at least break even on my not-so-smart NOV 13 calls I bought earlier in the day.

Who will be supplying panels to IKEA? IKEA starts selling solar panels for homes

Question apparently already answered.
But hold your horses, this was announced five years ago and took on some actuality one year ago, via a quick goog. (Haven't read through, though.) Maybe this is where rubber hits roof, as it were? Articles in Swedish, but probably intelligible via Translate:

IKEA börjar sälja solcellspaket i England | Bengts villablogg

bengts.blogg.viivilla.se/2012/.../ikea-borjar-salja-solcellspaket-i-england/‎
1 okt 2012 - Det var flera år sedan som IKEA lanserade sin vision om att börja sälja solcellspaket. Nu kommer man att köra igång, enligt en nyhet i Business ...

Nu händer det! IKEA börjar sälja solcellspaket! | ekosvensson.se

www.ekosvensson.se/nu-hander-det-ikea-borjar-salja-solcellspaket/‎
22 sep 2012 - Idag upptäckte jag plötsligt ett inlägg på Facebook, där en av mina tyska Climate Reality-vänner tipsade om att IKEA ska börja sälja kompletta ...

IKEA börjar sälja solcellspaket (tunnfilm) i UK - Egen Solel

egensolel.se/forum/ikea-borjar-salja-solcellspaket-tunnfilm-i-uk/‎
22 sep 2012 - IKEA ska börja sälja solceller till villaägare i UK. Enligt ett pressmeddelande från kinesiska Hanergy den 9 september 2012, kommer de att ...

I could come up with 10 similar articles from today and 50 from the last week. Solar is booming. My best tip now is to buy Mar14 calls on JASO
I might be wrong tho. But its the same guys that got on on CSUNE on thursday when it was at 3.30. It was at 6.95 today.

Last edited:
I could come up with 10 similar articles from today and 50 from the last week. Solar is booming. My best tip now is to buy Mar14 calls on JASO
I might be wrong tho. But its the same guys that got on on CSUNE on thursday when it was at 3.30. It was at 6.95 today.

CSUN went up for no reason at all. I feel that some people (including us) started buying it which started intriguing the traders who saw high volume. Therefore traders started buying in just in case, which eventually led to a self-fulfilling prophecy and the stock went up.

Here is a Barron's article on solar, saying that the technicals support another 100% rally. I find it eerily similar to the article that I wrote just yesterday (which you can find in my signature right now). Coincidence?

Solar Stocks Are Headed Higher - Barrons.com

It is a paid link, so in order to read it you might have to Google the title "Solar Stocks are Headed Higher" and open it that way to be able to read it.

CSUN went up for no reason at all. I feel that some people (including us) started buying it which started intriguing the traders who saw high volume. Therefore traders started buying in just in case, which eventually led to a self-fulfilling prophecy and the stock went up.

Here is a Barron's article on solar, saying that the technicals support another 100% rally. I find it eerily similar to the article that I wrote just yesterday (which you can find in my signature right now). Coincidence?

Solar Stocks Are Headed Higher - Barrons.com

It is a paid link, so in order to read it you might have to Google the title "Solar Stocks are Headed Higher" and open it that way to be able to read it.

Look at the volume, its crazy. Also LDK 30% and 25% are up tho we all hate it. Noone at the other forum likes it aswell. JASO and CSIQ which we might think will go up 4-500% got only 3% and 1.5%.

Hopefully this is okay for me to ask this in here as I don't think it merits its own thread.

I am a relative newbie when it comes to stock ownership. I have only been doing it for two years with both Tesla and SCTY early on in their IPO's. I don't really leverage a crazy amount of money in these accounts, but lets just say I have been very pleased with the outcome. :)

To my question, I have been investigating covered calls. I understand the idea of buying a call and agreeing to a "strike price" but I am not entirely sure when people mention stuff like "buy Mar14 calls" is this the date that you have to make good on the call? Meaning the person you agreed to buy it from, you have until that date to basically say "Ok I want my shares now, I'm all in lets do this transaction". So for instance you can agree to buy a stock at its strike price of 10 dollars but it goes up 12 dollars and you make a profit (minus the commission spent to get the call option). So I guess I am unsure how the date thing works. Can you just make good on the contract whenever you want or do you have to wait until that date before you can "seal the deal" so to speak.

Any info would be helpful. I have searched numerous sites and maybe I am just not "getting it". :)

EDIT: What brought this to mind is I am thinking of selling all my SCTY stock and doing covered calls for less risk of losing all that money I gained. Does that makes sense as a strategy? For reference I bought it at 11 dollars roughly.

Hopefully this is okay for me to ask this in here as I don't think it merits its own thread.

I am a relative newbie when it comes to stock ownership. I have only been doing it for two years with both Tesla and SCTY early on in their IPO's. I don't really leverage a crazy amount of money in these accounts, but lets just say I have been very pleased with the outcome. :)

To my question, I have been investigating covered calls. I understand the idea of buying a call and agreeing to a "strike price" but I am not entirely sure when people mention stuff like "buy Mar14 calls" is this the date that you have to make good on the call? Meaning the person you agreed to buy it from, you have until that date to basically say "Ok I want my shares now, I'm all in lets do this transaction". So for instance you can agree to buy a stock at its strike price of 10 dollars but it goes up 12 dollars and you make a profit (minus the commission spent to get the call option). So I guess I am unsure how the date thing works. Can you just make good on the contract whenever you want or do you have to wait until that date before you can "seal the deal" so to speak.

Any info would be helpful. I have searched numerous sites and maybe I am just not "getting it". :)

EDIT: What brought this to mind is I am thinking of selling all my SCTY stock and doing covered calls for less risk of losing all that money I gained. Does that makes sense as a strategy? For reference I bought it at 11 dollars roughly.

You can make good on the contract whenever you want but that doesn't make any sense. It is better to sell the options in the open market and you'll get more money than exercising options early.

Honestly, if you are asking these questions I would stay away from options for now and do some more research before you start buying.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/16057-Newbie-Options-Trading Here you would learn alot. Remember to use limit orders aswell. Pretend u have invested and follow the options for a while. Then you will learn alot.