Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alternative Energy Investor Discussions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can make good on the contract whenever you want but that doesn't make any sense. It is better to sell the options in the open market and you'll get more money than exercising options early.

Honestly, if you are asking these questions I would stay away from options for now and do some more research before you start buying.

Certainly, this is part of my research. Thanks for the info, your advice is well appreciated as is everyone's here.

EDIT: Thanks for the link Norse!

Last edited:
4-5 bagger is very nice Norse! Also, big thanks for the link to the solar forum. Joined last night and my initial impressions are very positive.

Just be careful. Even though they are very knowledgeable about the solar industry, I would say that there knowledge on the stock market is very limited compared to some of the folks here on TMC. I would not take their investment advice too seriously, but rather use the forum to gather information and come up with your own decisions. Understanding the market is key to making money with options.

- - - Updated - - -

So it was you. :tongue: I really need CSIQ to go up above $17.75 today so I can get rid of my NOV contracts. JASO looking good.

Why would you get rid of your Nov contracts? If thought it was a good idea to buy them yesterday then what changed your mind today?

yeah, im loading up with CSIQ, SOL, JKS. I might have to much JASO.
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...h-expansion-in-india/articleshow/23345002.cms
With increasing poly prices SOL is the pick of the day IMO. I really like that they are going into the big market of India. They will sell alot here.

When Shell says it will be the biggest, who knows how long it will be before other oil companies follows Total and gets into the industry?

SHELL: Solar Will Be The World's No. 1 Source Of Energy By The End Of The Century

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/shell-says-solar-leads-world-by-2100-2013-10#ixzz2gTum3WbE

Last edited:
Just be careful. Even though they are very knowledgeable about the solar industry, I would say that there knowledge on the stock market is very limited compared to some of the folks here on TMC. I would not take their investment advice too seriously, but rather use the forum to gather information and come up with your own decisions. Understanding the market is key to making money with options.

Thanks for the heads up. Will proceed cautiously until I find members who are knowledgeable and reliable as those on this forum.

looks like i missed the profit taking boat on CSUN

I sold off 60% of my position in three steps for $6.62, $6.34, and $6.27. I regained my initial capital when I bought CSUN yesterday at $4.24. So I am riding 40% of my position risk free :)

I will keep it for now, even though I don't know much about the company.

- - - Updated - - -

Profit taking is normal after such a quick run up. Now we have to wait and see if it continues to rise or not.

Man Raymond James is a bear for sure. Bear in this article on Solar and Bear on Cree. Cree upgraded today and had a big run and then Raymond James comes out and says its an underperform and expect it to crash. Raymond James has nothing to good to say on anyone do they? Raymond James must have alot of old school energy in portfolio since its all about hate on green energy today.

Last edited:
Man Raymond James is a bear for sure. Bear in this article on Solar and Bear on Cree. Cree up upped today and had a big run and then Raymond James comes out and says its an underperform and expect it to crash. Raymond James has nothing to good to say on anyone do they? Raymond James must have alot of old school energy in portfolio since its all about hate on green energy today.

I dont mind some shorters coming in :) Im am tho still long JASO.

Washington, D.C. Unanimously Passes Community Solar Legislation
http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...0th-state-to-pass-community-solar-legislation?
Now I guess this is how SunPower will conquer the US. Keep it up!

sleepy, CSIQ at $20 by Friday? Haha

Huh Sleepy? I think i might get my $20 by Friday. Looks like your on track for you big call. If we blow through $20 before Friday then me might have a blast off on our hands.

I dropped my CSUN today as well. i think i made a 5% because i got in late and got out late. But I did not know about earnings coming up. I dont think anyone here has done that research yet so i am going to sit on the sidelines for CSUN unless some one has some solid data to go off of.

Also nice to see SPWR getting close to its Pre Q2 levels. I still have my 15 wacky Jan14 $39 calls from before Q2 that I was down 90% on. Would be fun to see if i can get at least 50% of that back still. (unoffically got 10% back on them in the last two days, only down 80% now! lol )

Last edited:
When Shell says it will be the biggest, who knows how long it will be before other oil companies follows Total and gets into the industry?

SHELL: Solar Will Be The World's No. 1 Source Of Energy By The End Of The Century

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/shell-says-solar-leads-world-by-2100-2013-10#ixzz2gTum3WbE
i thought the following line from the shell report was an interesting tidbit i hadn't considered re: solar:

"balancing the grid over the day is one thing. balancing it over the seasons is altogether more challenging for solar PV. at the temperate latitudes of many OECD countries, 80% of solar PV electricity is generated in the summer months. local electrolysis and storage of hydrogen becomes a key part of the solution, particularly when combined with it's industrial use."

any thoughts on this? while it is an obvious point, i hadn't thought about the impact of seasons on solar PV...

surfside