Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMA about owning Modern Mercedes EVs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We cheer and want success for all of those that believe in sustainability and specifically EVs.
Ford, GM, MB, BMW, VW, Riv, Lucid, Hyundai/Kia, and others are joining Tesla’s leadership to help save the planet.

OP we support you and wish you luck.
TY for not returning to ICE vehicles. You multiplied your two Teslas into now four BEVs.
👍

Good luck.

Reactions: Takumi and CaliX
We cheer and want success for all of those that believe in sustainability and specifically EVs.
Ford, GM, MB, BMW, VW, Riv, Lucid, Hyundai/Kia, and others are joining Tesla’s leadership to help save the planet.

OP we support you and wish you luck.
TY for not returning to ICE vehicles. You multiplied your two Teslas into now four BEVs.
👍

Good luck.
Thank you! We are cheering on all the EV's options too. Every EV purchase is a good one. Recently we have had friends buy Volvo, Hyundai, Tesla, BMW and Mercedes EV's. Like Apple vs. Android you have to purchase what is best for you. We will never buy an ICE car again.

Thank you! We are cheering on all the EV's options too. Every EV purchase is a good one. Recently we have had friends buy Volvo, Hyundai, Tesla, BMW and Mercedes EV's Like Apple vs. Android you have to purchase what is best for you. We will never buy a ICE car again.
How about the people buying brand new ICE vehicle?
My neighbor just did, crazy
And my other neighbor, two new company ICE vehicles, Insurance and retail makeup companies
Those company’s sustainability pressure should be pushing out EVs to their fleets
Come on people/companies
Get a clue

They say we are past early adopter phase for EVs adoption and now is the flatter phase
Slow and steady

We should be proud we are all pioneers!

Reactions: CaliX
And my other neighbor, two new company ICE vehicles, Insurance and retail makeup companies
Those company’s sustainability pressure should be pushing out EVs to their fleets
Come on people/companies
Get a clue

They say we are past early adopter phase for EVs adoption and now is the flatter phase
Slow and steady

I have a friend who owns a construction company and he has several Cyber Trucks on order for his company. He's replacing all his light duty with EV's.

Come on people/companies
Get a clue

Slow and steady

I think we are still in the early adopter phase for (non-Tesla) charging on the road, however. Once 2025 gets here and many new EV's use the NACS, we should be past that.

Reactions: CaliX
Interesting, maybe broaden with

“AMA, Tesla Co Mingling with Other EVs”

Should also cover those whom left for another EV manuf or left EVs and keep a toe in, checking back, still curious
I personally dont think thats appropriate for this thread, started by this OP, unless that was something they specifically wanted.

I love road trips in my Tesla. Have traveled all over the West, up to Canada and even to Florida (from California). We much prefer it to flying.
I have done a lot of flying in my life and I just don't enjoy it... at all. Get to the airport early, hassle with hoards of people and TSA, crammed into a small tube, get to your destination at an airport "near" your real destination...
Much nicer to just get in the car and drive.

Lovely comment. Covid (and forced alternate travel plans) taught us a lot of things and your views resonate a lot with my experience. Traveling with kids esp to one of NYC airports is a nightmare anytime of the day/week/year with getting to/from the airport sucking the life out before trip even starts. I enjoyed our long 2+2 day Tesla trips - and got a ton of time with rest of family while on AP without the noisy airplane, delayed flight, baggage stuff and all new travel rules surprise stuff. Our Model 3 was our home for 3 weeks! And rest of the gang remembers that time very very fondly.
For whatever reasons with ICE cars I was always concerned taking family out on long drives and having a breakdown and not knowing what to do. So Thanks Tesla! Big credit where it’s due. And I hope you make cars even safer, more reliable, more climate friendly, cheaper to operate and make AP dream come true (without Phantom Braking :))

Come on people/companies
Get a clue

Slow and steady

I certainly think we will be better off when the vast majority of new vehicle purchases are EVs. But it's going to take some time.

1.) Legacy auto can't figure out how to make profitable EVs that sell in high numbers today. Will they eventually? Some perhaps, but almost certainly not all.
2.) Even if everyone purchasing a new vehicle within the next year really, really wanted an EV, the entire auto industry could not retool fast enough. "Well, they should have been moving much faster already!" Okay, but they didn't. And we are where we are.
3.) For anyone on a very tight budget ($10k or less), the new EV market in the US is out of reach -- even with rebates and incentives. The used EV market is likewise tough for those folks, and probably will be for at least a few more years.

1) production is exceeding demand, it will cover 10-15% growth we should be at vs stuck at 7% for Jan-July 31
2) back to 1
3) avg EV cost equals ICE vehicle now and trade ins can bridge any personal gap in finances, I see MBs and BMWs parked outside apt buildings, not buying the reluctance story, think it’s ignorance and lack of indefstding what life is like with a Tesla, and Elon?!?! Think Elon good and bad, tied to Tesla clouds up these people’s minds, keeps they in ICE vehicles

Esp for company fleet cars and the ESG rating, they should be replacing with EVs, it’s terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.