Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazing Experience with Tesla Service...above and beyond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't posted in a while but I feel compelled to let everyone know the absolutely amazing customer service I received from Tesla Service in Rockville, MD. On October 1 (the day of the Vegas Massacre which everyone forgot about already) my wife was driving our S when she was hit by another car. The S was fine except for some cosmetic damage so we didn't get it repaired right away.

We dropped it off at BMW of Rockville Collision Center (Tesla Certified) and they said they were waiting on a part that was back ordered from Tesla. This went on through the Monday before Thanks Giving when I decided to stop at Tesla Service to see if they could do anything. They said their warehouse didn't have it locally but they could have it shipped Priority International from the Netherlands and have it in a few days.

While I was there, I mentioned how I had to drive to NJ in a BMW i3 for Thanks Giving and it was going to take me forever to get there. Bruce, the service manager said he would see what he could do. The next day, he called me and said he had a loaded Model X washed, charged and ready for me to pick up so I could take it to NJ. Remember, Tesla wasn't making any money off me for the repair other than the parts, this was just them doing this to take care of a customer.

As a side note Tesla Service called me a few days later and said they drove the part over to BMW of Rockville Service so they could complete the repair.

There is no way BMW, MB or any other manufacturer would have done something like this for a customer when the car wasn't even being repaired by them. To make it even better, they got the part needed for me.

Thank you Tesla of Rockville, MD!!! I am even more of a Tesla fan now!

Wonderful story to share! This kind of example represents how the customer experience should be for all car makers. Tesla will capture more and more customers by proving they are truly a unique service organization. I love my Model S 100D and have plans to purchase a Model III in the future to replace my Nissan LEAF. Tesla is a company I plan to be with for a very long time! Way to go Tesla!!!

Reactions: preilly44
I liked your message. Too bad you had to end it badmouthing others.

There is no way BMW, MB or any other manufacturer would have done something like this for a customer when the car wasn't even being repaired by them. To make it even better, they got the part needed for me.

Well, most other manufacturers would have had the part nearby, not on another continent. ;)

But I have to say I have received some amazing above and beyond service from the Germans, including being personally driven home by a staff member on some occasions. I am glad you received the same from Tesla.

I wouldn't call it bashing the other companies. Having an employee drive you home is not the same as loaning you a $140k car for three days.

No other company would lend you a car when you weren't even getting your car repaired by them. My point was Tesla goes above and beyond what others do. That is (part of) what makes them an amazing company.

Reactions: EinSV
I wouldn't call it bashing the other companies. Having an employee drive you home is not the same as loaning you a $140k car for three days.

My opinion is, your brush was too broad in assuming other companies do not have individual examples of great service, above and beyond. Certainly they do. I was really digging your message until it came to that.

No other company would lend you a car when you weren't even getting your car repaired by them.

But that's just not true. I have gotten free loaners for no other reason than just because I'm a good customer (the example of a staff member taking the time to chauffer me was when I chose not to). We can agree that this is probably not the everyday standard, but then it is not the everyday standard for Tesla themselves either - this forum certainly has a lot of stories about people waiting for Tesla repairs for months using ICE rentals. There are many times when Tesla is unable to provide Tesla loaners even for scheduled events where they've agreed to it beforehand.

My point was Tesla goes above and beyond what others do. That is (part of) what makes them an amazing company.

I think this instance is a great, positive Tesla story. I wish you hadn't tried to make it about others, though. Enough of these great Tesla stories and it will do the trick. In your case people at Tesla showed great initiative and great wisdom and handled a situation exceptionally well.

But this is not unheard of with other brands, nor is it an everyday occurrence with Tesla at this time.

I wish i had your experience. Got rear ended about 6 weeks ago and still waiting to get the repair finished. The parts have to come about 30 miles from Fremont...

Took 6 weeks to get a bumper cover... and now waiting on a handful of other parts.

Maybe i should have asked for a loaner.