Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazon After market Spoiler Install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was on the fence but,when I saw the new price this AM, I pulled the trigger on the spoiler. Now I just need to find someone to install (or help to install) it. I am not very handy and want this to go on correctly!

I got the one off eBay a while back. Installation wasn't hard. Used some fishing-wire-like string to get under the old spoiler. Cleaned the trunk, then placed the new one on. Just line it up and press down. The 3M stuff is pretty tough.

I got the one off eBay a while back. Installation wasn't hard. Used some fishing-wire-like string to get under the old spoiler. Cleaned the trunk, then placed the new one on. Just line it up and press down. The 3M stuff is pretty tough.

Why did you replace the old OEM spoiler? Just curious :) Or was the old also not OEM (original Tesla)? Did you have the same experience as SabrToothSqrl, that the spoiler fits ok?

- - - Updated - - -

It practically makes the car 7.2% sexier.

I totally agree. It`s like something is missing without this spoiler! I would say 25% sexier :)

Why did you replace the old OEM spoiler? Just curious :) Or was the old also not OEM (original Tesla)? Did you have the same experience as SabrToothSqrl, that the spoiler fits ok?

My original spoiler was cracked due to an unfortunate run-in with a garage door. It was well-past time for it to be replaced, but never felt it was worth what Tesla was asking. Spoiler fits fine. It's slightly more curved than the OEM one, but barely noticeable.

I got the one from eBay btw, not Amazon, though I suspect they're all just sourcing them from the same place in China.

This is one mounted on a 2015 model
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437546487.271185.jpg

Thanks Majerus. Too bad I didn't just go with my gut and order it and take my chances.
Price went from the $150, up to $240, and now down to $230 in about 12 hours.
Seems the company pegs the price of this spoiler to the Chinese stock market. :confused:

Today it's $199.

WTH is going on with the pricing. I placed an order yesterday for $239 and today the price is $199?
Now I need to get in touch with the company after that the order is placed to receive a credit ...:eek:

Last edited:
I placed one in my basket for $239 yesterday. Today I placed the $199 one in my basket and the $239 one was still in there at the $239 price. So I deleted it. I am going leave the $199 in there for a few days hoping to see the price fall back to $150. I'm not in any rush to buy it. It's like watching the stock market. Too bad we couldn't put stocks in our basket and lock in the price then decide later whether to buy them!

Does silver MS look cool with a black spoiler?

Pardon my ignorance but I am not finding luck finding pictures of silver tesla with black rear spoiler?

@canuck: Are you looking for price drop in Amazon website? Last time I checked it was $199 + taxes and shipping

Thanks

Last edited:
@canuck: Are you looking for price drop in Amazon website? Last time I checked it was $199 + taxes and shipping

Yes, Amazon and I put one in my basket at $199 so I can always get it at that price. But on July 21 it was $152 then it went to $240 then $199. So I'm keeping an eye out for the $152 price again since I'm going to my cabin for a couple of weeks anyways and I don't want it to arrive when I'm gone.

Also, it says "free shipping" and there are no taxes.

@crt46 - this is the one most people here are buying:

Amazon.com: Jcsportline Trunk Boot Spoiler Carbon Fiber Lip Wing for Tesla Model S Black2012-2014: Automotive

Yes, Amazon and I put one in my basket at $199 so I can always get it at that price. But on July 21 it was $152 then it went to $240 then $199. So I'm keeping an eye out for the $152 price again since I'm going to my cabin for a couple of weeks anyways and I don't want it to arrive when I'm gone.

Also, it says "free shipping" and there are no taxes.

@crt46 - this is the one most people here are buying:

Amazon.com: Jcsportline Trunk Boot Spoiler Carbon Fiber Lip Wing for Tesla Model S Black2012-2014: Automotive

Thanks but I can't buy from Amazon since I live in Norway and need to get it from eBay.