Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ambient lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can only assume he's used an old pic - can't see it in action in the video. Unless Tesla brought it back again... someone with a refresh model would need to confirm :oops:
I deleted my post thinking I had miss-read the thread, the first post back in November suggests that the pocket lights have been reintroduced - having read right through the thread I don't believe they have, as you say perhaps he used an old pic, although he does say they look good!?

‘Ambient lighting’ Sounds very grand! The reality is a couple of crappy lights. Zero ambience.
I've been trying to understand how the ambient lights work on my MS Raven since I got it. The car was in service today and again they tried to explain how the lights are intended to work. It didn't make sense and didn't match what my car does either!

The simple thing I want to do is turn on ambient lights (under armrests on doors and footwell) if I am sitting in the car parked or charging.

I can only assume he's used an old pic - can't see it in action in the video. Unless Tesla brought it back again... someone with a refresh model would need to confirm :oops:

If indeed they are back it could be that US Model 3's are currently coming from China. There's a UK video on YouTube where he went though the differences between the US M3 and the new China M3.

BTW there were other differences in the US v China cars. No idea if those changes will come to US as well or not.

I deleted my post thinking I had miss-read the thread, the first post back in November suggests that the pocket lights have been reintroduced - having read right through the thread I don't believe they have, as you say perhaps he used an old pic, although he does say they look good!?
I've not come across any reports from anyone to say they have, and on mine at least, the wiring was different to the ones who did have them - some had the wires literally cut off when they had removed them. I don't see why they would bring them back in again - but then again it's Tesla so who knows. I'll take that youtube clip with a pinch of salt.
If indeed they are back it could be that US Model 3's are currently coming from China. There's a UK video on YouTube where he went though the differences between the US M3 and the new China M3.

BTW there were other differences in the US v China cars. No idea if those changes will come to US as well or not.
The MIC 3's have been delivered to the UK already AFAIK and no reports of the pocket lights as far as I'm aware.

I've been trying to understand how the ambient lights work on my MS Raven since I got it. The car was in service today and again they tried to explain how the lights are intended to work. It didn't make sense and didn't match what my car does either!

The simple thing I want to do is turn on ambient lights (under armrests on doors and footwell) if I am sitting in the car parked or charging.
I'm not sure about the MS, but on my TM3 I'm fairly sure my footwell and pocket lights come on and then "dim" when driving. I'm not 100% certain of the behavior when charging but I'd assume it comes on when out of drive and the door opens.

Might sound daft, but do you have an option to turn on your ambient lighting in settings? What happens to the lights when you open the doors at night?

Here are some pics VIN LRW….170XXX
1619722082690.jpeg

1619722101636.jpeg

1619722124237.jpeg

No two Tesla's are really the same. They constantly make changes. There was like a few months they took away side mirror dimming glass, including the internal wiring. I just happened to get one. But I did get the pocket lights. Go figure.

Reactions: Durzel
perfec thanks buddy, was getting worried i was going to have to pull off all the doors on the car the moment it arrives (will probably do that anyway at some point for a mod im sure)

How the new model Y?
MY is great mate!

And to keep it on topic, I installed the front and rear footwell ice blue ambient lights at the weekend, the rear footwell light strips shine under the high MY seats so much better than the 3:
1CD0BB87-B734-4305-8C60-8103281C38E6.jpeg
F80C5ED8-39F0-438D-841B-1BC4AD2E165A.jpeg

Reactions: WhiteHartMart