Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this Unfortunate? It’s always nice to have the latest and greatest but my poor 2021 with radar and intel Still runs and performs great. Just enjpy your car. take care
Tbh, I'd happily trade AMD for radar. From everything I have read from a large sample of owner experiences (especially those who own a radar equipped car and a vision only car), vision-only took a pretty substantial step backwards when it came to phantom braking (ironically Musk and co. touted that radar was the problem and vision-only would solve this issue). And the 80mph limit for AP with vision-only makes it a LOT less useful to me as most cars on the faster lane on highways around here drive a little bit over 80mph.

Tbh, I'd happily trade AMD for radar. From everything I have read from a large sample of owner experiences (especially those who own a radar equipped car and a vision only car), vision-only took a pretty substantial step backwards when it came to phantom braking (ironically Musk and co. touted that radar was the problem and vision-only would solve this issue). And the 80mph limit for AP with vision-only makes it a LOT less useful to me as most cars on the faster lane on highways around here drive a little bit over 80mph.
Do the 2022 model Y’s without AMD ryzen have radar or Tesla vision?

How did you finally end up getting in touch with someone helpful?
Tried my luck via different channels/showrooms. Finally found someone at a showroom that was super nice and had answers to all the questions (most of which weren't even Ryzen related, but that was a nice bonus).
Can't say the same for messages as I kept getting threatened with order cancellation, and apparently by different people since you don't have a dedicated SA but rather a team.
Not gonna blame them though, I've heard really bad stories about how CS are treated and what the employee turnaround looks like, and they also could have a directive to fulfill a quota under the assumption that many people will try to delay orders now that the word of Ryzen is out.

Reactions: orion2001
My delivery was supposed to be 1/14 and they texted me saying it moved to 1/18 and I asked if it my MYLR was AMD and lithium and they said yes to both.

Vin 357***
94C07006-FA4C-45E5-AD17-B94D0370D0AD.png

I think it's better to have radar then the newest MCU especially if you use AP or FSD often.

The Intel/amd is only to run the GUI on the infotainment faster.
At the end of the day it's just not that big a deal. So you have to wait an extra 5 or even ten seconds once in a blue moon loading something. Obviously for some folks it is on a 'just because' basis but I really don't get it.. Now, if this were the FSD computer or something integral to the car's performance like that I get it, but seriously? Loading Netflix or something 10 seconds faster, is all this angst really worth it?

Not for me; I'm taking my car and if I have to wait an extra five seconds for youtube to load at a supercharger I will summon up all my military survival skills and find a way to deal with it. The first rule is drink lots of water!

At the end of the day it's just not that big a deal. So you have to wait an extra 5 or even ten seconds once in a blue moon loading something. Obviously for some folks it is on a 'just because' basis but I really don't get it.. Now, if this were the FSD computer or something integral to the car's performance like that I get it, but seriously? Loading Netflix or something 10 seconds faster, is all this angst really worth it?

Not for me; I'm taking my car and if I have to wait an extra five seconds for youtube to load at a supercharger I will summon up all my military survival skills and find a way to deal with it. The first rule is drink lots of water!
You do realize this isn’t true? It’s not “faster YouTube loading”. The MCU handles ALL visualizations and performance of the display. So going forward as Tesla adds more features or increases the display demands it can create some performance issues that require them to use a more limited display or does create a slight performance difference.

While I agree it’s not a HUGE deal as it doesn’t change the vehicle performance, it has more impact than you are stating. If you want evidence look at Model 3 HW 2.5 vs 3 and the limits they place on HW 2.5 cars (they don’t show stop signs or street lights, etc)

You do realize this isn’t true? It’s not “faster YouTube loading”. The MCU handles ALL visualizations and performance of the display. So going forward as Tesla adds more features or increases the display demands it can create some performance issues that require them to use a more limited display or does create a slight performance difference.

While I agree it’s not a HUGE deal as it doesn’t change the vehicle performance, it has more impact than you are stating. If you want evidence look at Model 3 HW 2.5 vs 3 and the limits they place on HW 2.5 cars (they don’t show stop signs or street lights, etc)
💯

Reactions: Budshark

The difference is enough for me to order a 2022 car when I have a nice 2021 in my driveway

Tired of the lag with the V11 reverse camera

My delivery was supposed to be 1/14 and they texted me saying it moved to 1/18 and I asked if it my MYLR was AMD and lithium and they said yes to both.

Vin 357***
View attachment 755150
I got a 1/18 Burbank pick up as well, moved from 1/14! Also was able to confirm my MYLR White/Black, 19" Gemini, no tow, no FSD, VIN NF356XXX. Build date was listed as 1/8. Will confirm the deets once the car is picked up!

And let's not forget MCU2 vs MCU1. Significant difference in user experience. From simple responsiveness to refreshing of maps. We had MCU1 on an S and an X. Got them updated for near nothing (another story entirely), and performance difference was impressive.

Do you watch the road or the screen when you drive? Is driving down the freeway at 80 a video game to you? You react to what’s on the screen? The only time lagging visualization on the screen can be a safety hazard is when you are reversing. At all other times your eyes should be on the road, not the screen. You are trying to argue that VISUALIZATIONS on the screen are imperative to driving safely. The FSD computer makes driving decisions on AP or FSD the it sends what is seeing to the MCU to translate into visuals. A slow MCU has nothing to do with what the FSD computer sees and reacts to. It isn’t waiting for it to be displayed on the screen to make decisions…