Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you! One question more. Do you think that what they told me by text message could be wrong? or there is no doubt that I will receive an intel processor?
If they told you it was intel then it’s likely intel. Can you postpone? It might be worth it if you’re willing to wait a month or two. My hope is that the Hertz orders get the intel chips and they use them all up in the next few weeks.

If they told you it was intel then it’s likely intel. Can you postpone? It might be worth it if you’re willing to wait a month or two. My hope is that the Hertz orders get the intel chips and they use them all up in the next few weeks.
I've already postponed once, but before I get the VIN, do you think I'll be able to postpone one more time?

I am in 161XXX range and my SA confirmed Intel. I don't think SA's really know
well, I’ve asked multiple SA’s prior to delivery to confirm if I had the AMD chip or not and all sounded very certain I had the chip after they dug around. Some weren’t sure at first but they said they would take a deeper look and was able to see my car showed it had a newer computer code name called INFO-Z or something whereas the previous computers were called something else internally. My car did indeed have AMD when I picked it up. MYLR built on 1/6.

I am in 161XXX range and my SA confirmed Intel. I don't think SA's really know
They can look it up, per my conversation they can see the chip. Model 3s just aren’t getting them besides select one I saw on this forum. I got vin for new production 3 and she looked up info and told me said Intel than Ryzen. I told them to give my vin away. The recent built Ys are getting the ryzen

Last edited:
Reactions: DrGriz
The 2022 M3LR is less efficient than the 2021 M3LR based on the EPA rating, but overall it has more range. Not sure the difference can be attributed to just the AMD Ryzen, but probably a combination of changes they made between what the EPA tested. Although the 2022 is less efficient, it has more range, but the difference is small - 5 miles. I'm waiting for a VIN as of Monday. Delivery ETA is April right now. I have my fingers crossed for the AMD chip, but the bigger thing I'm hoping for is the Li-Ion 12v battery. Having gone through the lead acid batteries every 18 - 24 months in my old Model S, I'm looking forward to not replacing the 12v as frequently.

1642551594058.png

The 2022 M3LR is less efficient than the 2021 M3LR based on the EPA rating, but overall it has more range. Not sure the difference can be attributed to just the AMD Ryzen, but probably a combination of changes they made between what the EPA tested. Although the 2022 is less efficient, it has more range, but the difference is small - 5 miles. I'm waiting for a VIN as of Monday. Delivery ETA is April right now. I have my fingers crossed for the AMD chip, but the bigger thing I'm hoping for is the Li-Ion 12v battery. Having gone through the lead acid batteries every 18 - 24 months in my old Model S, I'm looking forward to not replacing the 12v as frequently.

View attachment 757261
So its less efficient but gets more range? Did they tweak the regen or allow more battery to be used? It doesn't make any sense.