TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

An English Campaign

Discussion in 'News' started by graham, Aug 18, 2008.

Tags:
  1. graham

graham Active Member

Tesla Motors - feel

Awesome, dpeilow! :)

2. stopcrazypp

stopcrazypp Well-Known Member

Hmm, I thought I heard somewhere that Top Gear didn't want the Tesla on their show b/c it doesn't fit their show; this will be interesting. Since Tesla has the 1.5 drivetrain prototypes in the UK already there's a good chance that Top Gear will get to test a 1.5.

BTW, congrats to dpeilow also!

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Fifth Gear show info here:

[14x04] September 1st, 2008 - FinalGear.com Forums
    2665223733_4c42cedc6b.jpg 2665222075_d45f8e8756.jpg

4. dpeilow

dpeilow Moderator

I thank you very much :biggrin:

@ stopcrazypp: What I heard - and I'm not sure if this is 100% concrete yet - is that the car may be on Top Gear in the autumn/fall. I think they are coming round to the idea that a quick car doesn't have to have one type of fuel only.

5. malcolm

malcolm Active Member

#5 malcolm, Aug 19, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
    Very cool David. Congratulations. Of course now they'll have to demote Simon Rochefort for mentioning someone who posts on this site. :biggrin:

So an appearance on the very next series of Top Gear. In the words of Mr Burns: "Excellent"

They must be filming it round about now. I hope Tesla have been able to provide several cars to minimise breaks in filming for recharging.

Who knows, it might even coincide with a Whitestar announcement. Solid news of the next (cheaper) model will do a great deal to clearly demonstrate Tesla's strategy to the terminally slow.

6. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

[FONT=&quot]

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

No, they should promote him for recognizing the value this site and it's members provide for Tesla. :smile:

8. Chris H.

Chris H. Member

Especially since a significant number of their customers (present & future) frequent this site, and post here.