Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

An observation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've also noticed that if I'm stopped at a red light, and another vehicle comes from behind in the next lane and the light turns green so that the other vehicle never had to slow down (i.e. going 35mph or more), I can start accelerating from the stop at the moment the 2 vehicles meet up, and they won't at any point overtake me.

This is a completely random bored post, but I have noticed that I have been unable to find an intersection where I cannot reach the speed limit before I reach the other side in my P85. Man I love it!
It's very awesome. I have been a bit worried as there are some combined red-light AND speed cameras at some traffic lights. I wonder if I'll set off the speed camera before I get to the other side :)

The red light camera speed camera issue is a real one!.

As an example in Melbourne Intersection of Stud road and Wellington road its 6 lanes wide. From a standing start its not a good plan to floor it. Exit speed as you pass the last lane is about 120+.... was difficult to get exact readings being a little bit busy....... All this because they had the cameras in bits some kind folk had crashed into it the night before- coincidental that.

This is a completely random bored post, but I have noticed that I have been unable to find an intersection where I cannot reach the speed limit before I reach the other side in my P85. Man I love it!

Mate I thought of you as I crossed the intersection of King St and Little Collins St last night. Not even the P85 could reach speed across 5 metres :D

Although the speed limit is 40...maybe you could!

Mate I thought of you as I crossed the intersection of King St and Little Collins St last night. Not even the P85 could reach speed across 5 metres :D

Although the speed limit is 40...maybe you could!

Thats the beauty of my observation! The smaller the intersection, the lower the speed limit.

And I'm not sure King St and Little Collins St counts as an intersection in my system. :tongue:

What is the mid range acceleration like?
A little trick I could do in my RX7 turbo was
to almost out accelerate birds when they take off from the road, if I changed down a gear
I'm sure I could hit them.
Does a Tesla have similar punch, not that I want you to hit any bird trying!

In a word yes - It is always ready - no waiting for gearboxes, turbos etc. to kick in/kick down/spool up......