Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beware new model Y and 3 owners, CCS2 adaptor mistake.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pictured is a CCS2 adaptor that is only useful for a pre 2020 model X or S vehicles in Australia. For reasons unknown some of these adaptors are being added to model Y and 3 vehicles that are shipped to Australia. It appears to be a low percentage of cars getting them but then of course some new owners may not have realised it’s in the rear storage. This was first noticed back in November 2022 and has been noted on both sides of the country in the past week. Take note the adaptor is completely useless for Australian model Y and 3s, it’s also completely useless to pre 2020 model X and S vehicles without the CCS2 internal upgrade performed by Tesla service, If you find an adaptor in the car it’s best to return it to Tesla sales or service.
IMG_2169.jpeg

Or find an S/X owner who needs a spare.
Being black they are reportedly easily left behind.
I left mine behind at the Balladonia Roadhouse….on the Nullarbor. Fortunately @Murbs was passing through about a week later and collected it. Managed to get all the way to Brisbane using V2 Superchargers and NRMA Chademo, old tech to the rescue.

Reactions: Vostok and RichardV
If you find an adaptor in the car it’s best to return it to Tesla sales or service.

I don’t know if Tesla would take them back, since they would be in an unknown condition (even if someone swore black and blue it had never been used, what if they are lying? Has been known to happen…) hence risky for them to resell or warrant. In which case they might just bin them, so lose-lose outcome.

If I won this kind of lucky dip, I’d sell it on eBay or similar.

I don’t know if Tesla would take them back, since they would be in an unknown condition (even if someone swore black and blue it had never been used, what if they are lying? Has been known to happen…) hence risky for them to resell or warrant. In which case they might just bin them, so lose-lose outcome.

If I won this kind of lucky dip, I’d sell it on eBay or similar.
I ended up with 2 two UMC’s for… reasons. Was able to return one for a refund.